How Zoe Aston Aims to Share Her Coping With Covid Tips
London therapist Zoë Aston created an Instagram account to share the information she had gained from years of her own therapy. "I felt that others should know what I had learned through therapy, and I wanted to make it available to people."
Nearly 20,000 follow her account @yourmentalhalthworkout, and now Yellow Kite has published an e-book focused on helping people cope with their mental health in the Covid-19 situation. This will be followed next year by a full-size book to help people deal with a range of mental health issues, to be called Your Mental Health Workout.
In this video, she talks to welldoing.org founder Louise Chunn about:
- what people can do to handle their anxiety during this difficult period
- how she keeps herself in good mental health
- her initial resistance to providing online therapy
- how she now believes that online and in person therapy are different but equal – "there are benefits to both"
- ways to improve self-esteem without thinking you must be better than others
Buy Zoe's e-book here: