Finding a therapist
- Use our questionnaire to find the therapist who is most suited to your needs
- All our therapists and counsellors are members of professional bodies and insured
- Choose the area of your concern, the broad style of therapy you favour, and some more individual factors. We can then show you a selection of suitable therapists near to where you are based
- Read the therapists’ profiles, any articles they have written, or visit their websites to help you decide
- Simply send a message, via the site, and they will respond to your request
Booking an appointment
- If the therapist has a Book Now button, things are even easier
- You can search a therapist’s availability on days and times to suit you before sending them a request for an appointment
- When you first register as a client you sign up with the payment service Stripe, but no money is taken without you authorising it
- Once the therapist has approved you as a client you can select your slot and make your first payment
- Subsequent bookings can be made by you or your therapist, and payment is taken five days before your appointment
Using our resources
- We have over 1000 articles and resources on mental health, wellbeing and self-development on welldoing.org.
- Our content on different mental health difficulties and types of therapy is all vetted by professionals
- Posts are written by therapists, authors or individuals who are sharing their experiences
- We also have books recommended (by therapists and their clients) and cultural reviews
Therapy is a broad term used for talking therapies that includes counselling, psychotherapy, psychology and hypnotherapy. On Welldoing, whenever we refer to therapy we are talking about all of these disciplines.
We have a combination of these types of therapists on our Find a Therapist directory who are all qualified, experienced and able to deal with the problems you may be facing. And if you complete our questionnaire we will match you to the therapists who best suit your needs based on their particular areas of experience and expertise, as well as their proximity to where you are based. So unless you want to, you don't need to worry too much about understanding the ins and outs of all the different types of therapy when making a decision about who to see.
For more information about any aspect of welldoing.orgEmail us at email@example.com or phone us on 0208 9308906
(9.30 to 5.30, Monday to Friday)