I'm an experienced counsellor working with individuals and couples to support them through life's difficulties. These difficulties may be caused by specific life events such as; starting or expanding your family, marriage, separation and divorce, career transitions, redundancy, illness, bereavement and loss. Or you may be experiencing feelings of; overwhelm, anxiety, depression, stress, relationship issues, attacks on your self esteem, loss of meaning & life direction.
I provide an open, nurturing, and non-judgemental space, through both via face-to-face and online therapy, to explore these feelings and experiences. I work with empathy and compassion to support you in this therapeutic process, so that over time you can expect to see the impact in your daily life./p>
Together we will look at the issues behind the challenges you’re facing, exploring ways to help you question your assumptions, face your blocks, and develop a greater sense of purpose and meaning.
Issues I work with include:
- Anxiety, stress, and overwhelm - including generalised anxiety disorder
- Depression - low mood, sadness, feelings of despair, loneliness, isolation, and questions around life direction and meaning
- Low confidence and self esteem
- Challenges with identity and purpose
- Damaging coping mechanisms - addiction, self-harm, damaging eating behaviours, and issues with anger management
- Loss, illness, and bereavement
- Relationship and family challenges - relationship problems, family worries and issues, starting or expanding your family, marriage, separation and divorce
- Pressures and challenges at work - negotiating work relationships, low self-esteem and imposter syndrome, career transitions, over-ambition, dissatisfaction and loss of meaning
- Work relationships - navigating competitive and / or male-dominated environments, building confidence, and developing leadership skills
I understand that seeking counselling can be a big step, but for many it is the most profound step towards transforming. More details on my approach can be found on my website.
Issues often worked with
If you are interested in working with me, want to find out more about my approach, or would like to discuss your options, please get in touch I am happy to respond either by email or telephone, depending on your preference. I can also offer an initial 15-minute free phone consultation.
I operate a sliding scale fee structure based on income levels, please contact me for more details.
Training and qualifications
I am qualified in Psychosynthesis Counselling, an integrative approach which looks at the causes of the issues you are facing, and focuses on moving forwards with renewed meaning and purpose. I am a registered member (MBACP) of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), and I operate under their ethical framework.
Before training as a counsellor, I spent two decades working as a senior professional in large global financial services organisations. I am keenly aware of the pressures on high performing professionals and the impact these can have on their personal lives.and the feelings of burnout, exhaustion, confusion and disillusionment that can arise as a result.