Mary PelhamIntegrative psychotherapist
For the duration of the COVID-19 crisis I am offering therapy using secure online video or telephone according to your preference
I am an integrative-relational counsellor and psychotherapist with 20 years experience. I offer confidential support and understanding to enable individuals and couples take the necessary steps towards coping with life's difficulties.
I provide brief counselling as well as more in-depth, longer-term individual therapy, couples counselling, CBT, solution-focussed brief therapy, group therapy, young people's counselling, supervision, and coaching.
I work with a wide range of issues such as relationships; bereavement; depression; family issues; low self-esteem; anger management; stress and anxiety; trauma; health issues, abuse, adolescence, cross-cultural relationships, weight loss and incorporate mindfulness practice to assist you to live a more calm and stress-free life.
I facilitate this work using a holistic approach which respects your values, difference and uniqueness and will help you to gain new insights, understand your problems and to recognize your inner strengths and capacity for personal growth and change.
I abide by the professional Code of Ethics of UKCP, BACP and Metanoia Institute.
- 5 minutes from the A3, bus routes and Worcester Park Station (SW Rail).
- Plenty of free parking
- Daytime and evening sessions.
If you would like to find out if I am the right counsellor for you please telephone or email. An initial session will enable you to see whether we are able to form a good working relationship and to further explore what you want from therapy before making any commitment.
Issues often worked with
Types of therapy
£60 per 1 hour session (individual or in group)
£80 per 1 hour session Couples
£65 " " Supervision (individual or in group)
Performance Coaching/Personal Consultancy/groupwork available @ Mary Pelham Personal Consultancy - to be agreed according to your needs.
Concessions available to students and people on low income.
I am also an experienced trainer, facilitator, lecturer - fees to be agreed.
Registered practitioner with BUPA and AVIVA.
Training and qualifications
- MSc Integrative Psychotherapy (Middx University.Metanoia Inst.)
- Post-graduate Certificate Integrative Supervision
- Post-graduate Certificate Integrative Counselling and Coaching (University of East London)
- Clinical Diploma Integrative Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute)
- Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS)
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Humanistic Counselling
- Trainer (16 years experience working with support professionals)
- Bereavement Counsellor (18 years experience)
- Certificate 'Attachment From Cradle to Grave'
- Certificate Life Coaching
- Practitioner Certificate Process Group Facilitation
- Counselling for young people
- Alcohol Counsellor
- Trauma counsellor with specialism in supporting survivors of rape, sexual abuse, violence
- Specialist experience of working with Domestic Abuse (15 years)
- Associate Lecturer Middlesex University
- Counselling Tutor - Level 4/5 Counselling Diploma
- Supervisor of individuals and groups (See "Supervisor" listing
- Personal Consultancy/coaching (see Life Coach Directory)
- MBSR - Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Advanced Diploma in Nutrition