Lara Just Integrative psychotherapist ,
I may be an 'unusual' therapist because I do things differently. I work with people online and outdoors. My office is literally a walk in the park - in the big beautiful ancient Hampstead Heath, the only service of its kind in London. Most people probably think of therapy as sitting in a small office opposite and head on with a therapist, which could be quite disconcerting at times. I found that walking with someone in nature side by side looking ahead can often be more productive and bring about change faster than traditional ways of working. It is moving our bodies forward - literally and symbolically. It is useful for people in transition, grief, life crisis, and feeling stuck. Research has shown improvements in depression, anxiety, mood and self-esteem, among other things. If you like to know more contact me and find out more on my website: http://thewalkingtherapist.co.uk and here: http://adadsu.com/walk-and-talk/
I am UKCP accredited and have been in private practice in different clinical capacities since 2008. Online Therapy sessions can be carried out in different formats (video, email, chat) and ‘Walk & Talk’ Therapy sessions take place in the large beautiful ancient Hampstead Heath in North London. ‘Traditional’ room-based sessions can be arranged ad-hoc based on agreement.
I work with adolescents and adults (individuals, couples and groups) for a range of difficulties, particularly: LGBT+ (lesbian gay bisexual trans + anything else on the spectrum) or Gender, Sexual and Relationship Diversity therapy work, trauma, relationship difficulties, depression, anxiety, addictions, low self-esteem and body issues, PTSD, bereavement and loss.
My passion is to make therapeutic support more accessible to a wide range of people, particularly young adults and adolescents. This includes embracing new ways of working and new technologies through our exclusive Online Therapy (http://adadsu.com/online-therapy/) services.
Nature and the outdoors have special abilities to help us calm and encourage healing. I have found that these aspects are uniquely powerful to incorporate into the therapy work for more enhanced and faster outcomes.
This is uniquely offered through ‘Walk & Talk’ Therapy (http://thewalkingtherapist.co.uk and http://adadsu.com/walk-and-talk/) the only one of its kind on the Heath and through Equine Assisted Therapy (http://adadsu.com/equine-therapy/) sessions at different locations in the UK.
Training and qualifications
I am the founder and director of ADADSU Ltd. (http://adadsu.com/), a London-based company that provides LGBT+ or Gender and Sexual Diversity therapy for adolescents and adults, Online Therapy, Walk & Talk Therapy (Hampstead Heath, London), Equine Assisted Therapy and other healing modalities in a more holistic and integrative way to more sustainably improve mind-body-spirit health and wellbeing. I am also the founder of The Walking Therapist specifically geared towards walk and talk therapy: http://thewalkingtherapist.co.uk.
I offer long-term and short-term contracts and use an integrative relational approach drawing on different therapeutic modalities from my extensive training experience. This includes outcome-oriented and solution-focused approaches, mindfulness, psychodynamic work, body psychotherapy and somatic experiencing, Gestalt, hypnotherapy, HeartMath®, healing and other approaches. I have a special interest in mind-body-spirit interactions for mental and physical health, healing and wellbeing.
In 2015/2016, ADADSU added Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Learning (http://adadsu.com/equine-therapy/) through training with LEAP and EAGALA which is a unique and fascinating way to provide a very different working environment and approach. This is particularly effective when working with deep trauma, addictions, depression, anxiety, PTSD, self-esteem, gender, sexuality and identity issues.
I have been working in private practice in different clinical capacities since 2008. My previous positions at various psychotherapy placements included the West London Centre for Counselling with adults and seniors, Roehampton University Counselling Suite with adolescents and young adults, for Place2Be with primary school children and for the Wandsworth Early Intervention in Psychosis service at South West London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust with young adults.
Training & Education
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Outcome-Oriented Psychotherapies | Awaken School of Outcome-oriented Psychotherapies
- Diploma in Online Counselling and Psychotherapy | Academy for Online Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Eco-Psychotherapy Training | Confer
- Gender, Sexuality & Relationship Diversity Training | Pink Therapy
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Practitioner Certification | LEAP and EAGALA
- Family Constellations Therapy I Certificate | Jessica Riberi & Inge Grethe, Nordisk NLP Akademi | Denmark
- Level 4 Certificate in Counselling for Children | Place2Be Charity
- HeartMath® Provider Training | HeartMath® Institute | California, USA & London, UK
- Clean Language and Metaphor Therapy | Clean Change Company
- Certificate in Self-Relations Therapy, Ericksonian Hypnosis, Generative Trance and Coaching | Stephen Gilligan, PhD | San Diego, California, USA
- Ericksonian Hypno-Psychotherapy in Clinical Practice Certificate | BeeLeaf Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Applied Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice™ (AFMCP™) | Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM)
- Master NLP Practitioner & Coaching Certification | Awaken Consulting Ltd.
- BSc (Hons) Nutritional Therapy | 1st class honours | Middlesex University
- Diploma in Nutritional Therapy | Nutrition Education & Lifestyle Management (CNELM)
- NLP Practitioner Certification | UK College of Personal Development (UKCPD)
- Dietary Educator Certificate | Centre for Nutrition Education & Lifestyle Management (CNELM)
- NLP Coaching Diploma | International NLP Trainers Association (INLPTA)
- Access Degree | Biochemistry | Middlesex University
- Economics Diploma | Heidelberg University
Professional Memberships & Registrations
· UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
· Association for Counselling & Therapy Online (ACTO)
Licensed HeartMath® Providers Register
Fees are £80 per session.
Concessions - Please talk to me if you have questions about concessionary rates as various options may be available, please also see: http://adadsu.com/booking-and-fees/.
Person-centred/humanistic Body psychotherapy Relational Equine-assisted therapy Integrative Solution-focused therapy Issues often worked with:
AnxietyDepressionInterpersonal relationshipsSexual abuseTraumaBereavementGender diversitySexuality Availability:
Has availability Therapy offered:
In personBy phoneOn videoBy email Client groups:
AdultCouplesAdolescents Member organisations:
Walking Therapy sessions take place in the large beautiful ancient Hampstead Heath in North London. See more at www.thewalkingtherapist.co.uk or http://adadsu.com/walk-and-talk/.