Grace Ovba AdebiyiIntegrative counsellor
I am a qualified integrative counsellor in London, Hackney. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
l regard therapy as a collaborative process; here l offer a confidential, supportive, empathetic, kindly challenging and a safe space where we can talk about and explore your feelings, emotions, behaviour and clarity of thoughts / patterns of relating and work through issues that may be affecting your life. I see my role as helping and supporting you gain greater self-awareness and self - acceptance to enable you discover new ways of moving forward positively and making progressive changes in life.
I tailor my approach to suit the needs of my clients using a range of techniques:
• The Psychodynamic / relational approach - This looks at the root of current problems which might stem from childhood (primary caregivers or parents) This is done through exploration of conscious, unconscious thoughts, patterns in relationships that have roots in the past but continues to impact the present.
• Person Centred Therapy: In this approach, my client is allowed to talk openly and freely. I listen to hear, understand and guide you into discerning and discovering solutions to the presenting issues or problems by yourself through your innate potentials which will enable you make the right changes that would enhance your life.
• In addition to this, l also utilise the holistic approach where my client is seen as a whole being - ( Mind/Spirit, Soul and Body).
• Furthermore, I use Gestalt Therapy: Exercises and experiment taken from the approach to help my clients explore and reconnect with aspects of themselves they’ve been denying, disregarding or overlooking as well as examining personal conflict.
• Moreover, l believe cultural differences and diversity is fundamental in society. I have worked and supported extensively, BAME ( Black Asian and Minority Ethnic) clients at Claudia Jones Charity and St Bartholomew’s Community Counselling Centre to mention a few.
• Mindfulness is an approach l use sometimes to help clients focus and be made aware of the present through practising and actively incorporating coping strategies such as exercises, meditation and activities that help control issues like anxiety, low self-esteem and lack of confidence.
I have worked for several years in the legal sector and understand what it means to work in a pressurised environment thus, have experience of working with variety of issues such as:
• Stress related issues
• Anxiety / Depression
• Adaptation and Integration issues - Cultural issues
• Eating disorder
• Lack of confidence, Low self- esteem and self- worth
• Mental and emotional abuse -
Issues often worked with
An initial meeting and assessment is conducted to see how we might work together if you wish to continue our therapeutic work.
Each session lasts for 50 minutes and my fees are £65 for the initial session and assessment then £50 afterwards. Family/ Couple Therapy £75 and also offer £40 concessionary rates depending on your income and my availability. Additional £3.00 for all booking and diary management.
I offer telephone and Face Time sessions.
I am able to offer both short term and longer term, open ended therapy. I hope our work together will give you the tools you need to make progress in your future.
For further information, contact me on [email protected] trinityrestorationservices.co.uk Call: 03333355377 or 07305815911.
Training and qualifications
Qualified Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist - Diploma In Therapeutic Counselling ( PCT & Psychodynamics) CANDI North London
BA, LLB UK
Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).