Carys StatonIntegrative therapist
Hello, I'm Carys, an experienced psychotherapist and counsellor working from the City of London, Borough and online. I provide you with commitment and care as we explore any aspects of your life or self that you'd like to bring into therapy, no matter how overwhelming they may seem. I work with people seeking therapy for a wide array of reasons, and have extensive experience working with issues related to sexual abuse, the perinatal period, and anxiety. Drop me a message to arrange an initial meeting, I will be happy to hear from you.
During our work, I will be invested in helping you understand the elements of your life causing distress, enact the changes you wish to see and begin to build a deeper connection to yourself and others. My practice is committed to creating a supportive space that honours the uniqueness of your experiences, regardless of your gender, sexual orientation or racial background.
I offer a reduced rate initial session, there's no obligation, just an opportunity to talk, get a sense of each other and discuss next steps. Please reach out with your specific circumstances or questions you have, I view therapy as a collaborative and creative process that places your individual needs at the centre.
Issues often worked with
Types of therapy
£80.00 per session
My fee is £80 per 50-minute session.
I offer a reduced rate of £45 for our initial consultation.
- Sessions take place in-person from my practice in Borough, SE1, Bank EC4N, as well as online via Zoom.
- Depending on your needs, I can work with you on a long-term, open-ended basis, as well as offering time-limited, short term sessions. This can be discussed in our initial meeting.
I have a number of low cost spaces available for those on low income, please get in touch.
Training and qualifications
I trained as an integrative practitioner, simply meaning I have experience in integrating different theories and methods into our work. I don’t believe in a single way of doing things and this enables me to be flexible in my approach, tailoring our work together to support you and your individual needs.
Alongside my private practice, I work as a therapist at two specialist services, one supporting adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse and the second working with maternal mental health and infertility. Prior to becoming a therapist I worked in the creative arts and continue to dedicate part of my practice to this sector.
- MSc Integrative Therapeutic Counselling - University of Greenwich (BACP Acred.)
- Intensive Certificate in Psychotherapy and Counselling - Regents University
- Certificate in Group Facilitation.
I am a member of the following:
- The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and abide by the BACP Code of Ethics
- British Infertility Counselling Association
- The Relational School
I am fully insured with public liability and professional indemnity cover.