Angie Fell Integrative counsellor , LS8
Hello, and welcome to my profile. I currently have availability for online appointments, either via video or telephone, allowing you to engage in counselling from the comfort of your own home environment.
We can all find ourselves facing challenges in our lives - sometimes having a professional alongside you as you navigate these times can make them feel more manageable.
I provide a confidential, non-judgemental, and professional therapeutic space where we can explore whatever is causing you distress. By working alongside you I can support you to find ways of coping with challenging emotions, relationships, circumstances or life events you are experiencing.
Whilst I have particular expertise supporting adults in areas including relationships, identity and sense of self, I am also experienced in supporting a diverse client body around a wide variety of topics including depression, childhood trauma, anxiety and self-harming behaviours.
I hope that as a result of engaging in the counselling process you will gain insight into your situation and any options for change that you might want to consider. The ultimate goal is that your time with me will help you to feel better in the here and now with an eye on a future of fulfilment and meaning.
I am a professionally qualified Counsellor and an Accredited and Registered Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy). This means that you can trust that I work in accordance with the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
As an Accredited BACP Member I am required to keep to a high standard of on-going training and development and attend monthly clinical supervision to ensure I provide all my clients with an ethical and safe professional service.
Humanistic Integrative Counselling
I work within a humanistic integrative framework, utilising elements of different counselling theories to suit each individuals needs. Central to the way I work is the relationship between counsellor and client; between you and I. Research has consistently shown that this is one of the most important factors when considering how effective the counselling process can be. To that end, I offer a free initial telephone consultation to allow a space for you to consider working with me, and review the working relationship between us throughout the counselling process.
Autistic Spectrum Counselling
I also offer a Specialist Service as an Autistic Spectrum Counsellor. Having completed comprehensive training with The National Autism Society and BACP I have developed the skills to enable me to provide a more flexible approach to mainstream therapeutic services. My aim is that we work together to identity any adjustments that need to be made to allow you to engage in the counselling process with ease. I hope to create an environment centred around your individual autistic needs to ensure you are comfortable to communicate with me in a way that feels best for you.
Training and qualifications
- Accredited and Registered Member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, York St. John University
- Graduate Certificate in Counselling, Salford University
- Safeguarding and managing risk through digital media - BACP
- Autism in Quarantine: Supporting children & young people with ASD during COVID-19 - Emerging Minds
- Relational Depth in Counselling & Psychotherapy, incl. Online - Mick Cooper / OnlinEvents
- Moving your practice online - a course for counsellors, psychotherapists and mental health practitioners, from Online Therapy Institute
- Coronavirus: Considering our responses and responsibilities - OnlineEvents
- Working with Children and Young People Online - OnlineEvents
- Working with difference: use of the ‘cultured self’ - Golnar Bayat, Trainer in Cross Cultural issues
- Understanding Autism, Asperger's & ADHD - University of Derby
- Working with Muslim children and young people - BACP Webinar
- Autism and Eating Disorders - The National Autistic Society
- Effective Brief Psychotherapy - Human Givens Academy
- Autism and the SPELL framework - The National Autistic Society
Optional Introductory telephone consultation (up to 20 minutes) - free of charge
50 minute online video/telephone appointment - £40 payable by BACS (details will be provided)
Existential Gestalt Integrative Person-centred/humanistic Relational Issues often worked with:
AnxietyDepressionGender diversityInterpersonal relationshipsSexual abuseSexualityTraumaAutism/Asperger'sBurnoutChildhood difficultiesHealth anxietyLoneliness Availability:
Has availability Therapy offered:
In personBy phoneOn video Client groups:
AdultAdolescents Member organisations:
Insight Therapy Centre
67 Hilton Road
The centre is fully accessible for wheelchair users. There is a small car park on site, on road parking and a large waiting room hot & cold drinks, comfortable seating and magazines.
I offer online appointments, either telephone for voice call or Zoom for video calls.