Rakhi ChandPerson-centred/humanistic psychotherapist
Hi. Perhaps you're here because you're confused, down or frustrated. Or maybe something doesn't feel right but you are not sure what. Regardless, I'd be happy to see if I may help. I have worked largely online since 2015, after completing a Certificate in Cyber Therapy - training in the nuances of offering virtual therapy.
I frequently support people through communication/relationship difficulties; depression/feeling low; anxiety; stress; dissatisfaction or confusion. If nothing in that list resonates, feel free to get in touch to discuss; evidence suggests that the most important factor for 'success' in therapy is the connection between you and your therapist. I encourage 'shopping around' if helpful.
I am a counsellor/psychotherapist, supervisor (of other therapists) and trainer. I have nearly a decade of post-qualification experience, and during this time have practised in the UK and the Netherlands privately; and managed an NHS counselling service in North London.
I love what I do and this extends to writing too - via my blog and other media outlets. All of these articles are available on my website, www.chandcounselling.co.uk.
Finally, I am engaged in research: I have been on the editorial board for the World Cultural Psychiatry Research Review since 2013. And, I am working towards a PhD related to leadership development and diversity.
Paying attention to professional ethics is paramount to me; therapy and personal/professional development is my passion and vocation.
Issues often worked with
Types of therapy
I charge £75 for individuals and £95 for couples.
Training and qualifications
- Senior Accredited Registered Member, British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Certified Cyber Therapist (Online Therapy Institute)
- Member, Association for Counselling and Therapy Online
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Supervision (Counselling Xtra)
- MSc, Mental Health: Psychological Therapies (Barts and the London School of Medicine)
- BA hons, Person-Centred Counselling (Metanoia Institute)
- BSc hons, Economics and Economic History (University of Warwick)