Michael ArmstrongIntegrative psychotherapist
As an integrative counsellor I can reflect individual needs by adapting therapy to the appropriate model be it classed under Humanism (i.e. person centred), Psychodynamic or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). I am a trained 'Critical Incident Responder' so can do one to one or group sessions to support people who have recently experienced a traumatic critical incident. I also practice Comprehensive Resource Model (CRM) therapy, an exciting, innovative model that works by connecting the body with the brain alongside boosting internal resources to help the client move forward.
I also offer clinical supervision to counsellors who work in the Edinburgh or Carlisle and South West Scotland areas, or, online, across the UK. The model of counselling that counsellors use is not an issue, as I use various reflective models and I can adapt my style of supervision to suit all levels of experience.
If you contact me for counselling or supervision I can promise that I will:-
1. Attempt to contact you by email or phone within two days
2. Conduct a free 20 minute phone consultation within five days
3. Be able to empathise with your situation and offer responses that will foster confidence and start to establish a trusting relationship
4. Arrange a first appointment to take place within seven days if that's suitable for you
Issues often worked with
Types of therapy
I charge £50 an hour for one to one sessions, this includes any work I have to do in between sessions.
For couples the charge is £60 an hour, this includes any work I have to do in between sessions.
Families, groups and organisations would be negotiable depending on the type and length of work required, distance involved and the amount of people involved.
Training and qualifications
My qualifications are:-
- Diploma in Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Advanced Assessment and Treatment Strategies for People with Insomnia
- Essential (Clinical) Supervision Skills Level Two
- Essential (Clinical) Supervision Skills Level One
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling
- Certificate in Comprehensive Resource Model
I am also a qualified 'Critical Incident Responder'
Accredited Member of National Counselling Society
I also have a Master's Degree in Business Administration, a Diploma in Management Studies and a Certificate in Management Studies.
I regularly undertake continuous professional development to ensure that I maintain a wide range of counselling, coaching and mentoring skills.