Julie Clark EMDR counsellor , ME12
My name is Julie and I am a qualified humanistic counsellor, with experience in many areas of counselling including anxiety, depression, trauma and relationship issues.
I offer individual counselling and couples counselling.
My approach is person-centred, supporting you to understand how you see yourself and the world around you. I believe that only you have the expertise to understand your feelings, and I hope to create a safe space in which you can feel accepted and understood, and talk about anything that may concern you without judgement or fear. By working in this way, we are able to explore how you feel about your life currently, and how you would like it to be.
I am an accredited member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and I adhere to their ethical framework.
As your counsellor I will:
- listen carefully and emphatically to what you have to say
- provide a safe and confidential environment
- work with you to address your needs and make the changes you want
- respect your independence and individuality
I will not:
- advise you on how to live your life
- make judgements about how you live your life
- share the content of our sessions with others
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or if you require further information about myself or my counselling practice.
Training and qualifications
I have completed the following course
- BACP Accredited
- EMDR Parts 1, 2 and 3 training
- Adoption training with Barnado's
- Level 4 Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Theory
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- CBT certificate
- Couples counselling certificate
- Numerous other workshops/training
My fees are as follows:
- 1st session – £30 with no commitments.
- Subsequent sessions – £40 for 1 hour
- 1st session – £50 for 1 ½ hours
- Subsequent sessions – £50 for 1 ¼ hours
Payment is due, in cash at the end of each session.
If you are able to give 24hrs notice when cancelling a session, I will waive the fee. Missed sessions without notice will be charged at half price.
Myself and a colleague offer a limited Low Cost/Donation service for local clients on benefits/low income.
Please contact me for further details.
Couples therapy EMDR Integrative Person-centred/humanistic Issues often worked with:
AnxietyBereavementCouple relationshipsDepressionInterpersonal relationshipsSexual/physical abuseTrauma Availability:
1 - 3 weeks Therapy offered:
In person Client groups:
IndividualsCouples Member organisations:
Sheppey Counselling Service
Masters House, Trinity Road
Isle of Sheppey