Ildiko Victoria SzatmariPsychodynamic psychotherapist
“Being a full human is difficult, frightening, and problematic.” (A. Maslow)
Welcome to a safe place to talk
There are many reasons why people reach out for help.
It may be connected with relationship difficulties, feeling lonely, suffering a bereavement, experiencing anxiety, panic attacks, struggling with depression, trauma, anger, low self-esteem, or work issues.
Sometimes there is nothing specific to name, more an awareness of feeling lost, stuck or unable moving on.
I can offer sessions in the morning, during the day and evenings in my private practice located at London Bridge, Blackheath and Eltham within close proximity of public transport links.
I provide both long-term open ended psychotherapy and short-term focussed therapy (12 sessions).
In addition, I am able to offer psychotherapy sessions in both English and German language.
Below there are some of the reasons why you might wish to contact me, areas of therapy I work with:
- Feelings of sadness, anxiety or depression
- Experiences of trauma
- Struggling with loss - bereavement, divorce or separation
- Difficulty making, sustaining or ending relationships
- Work related problems
- Experiences of abuse (vocal, physical, sexual)
- Lack of self-confidence or low self-esteem
- Self-destructive behaviours, self-harm, or suicidal thoughts
- Experiencing panic attacks or phobias
- Issues with identity
- Sexuality-related concerns
- Issues with pregnancy, fertility
- Alcohol and drug problems
- Issues with eating
Issues often worked with
Training and qualifications
I am a qualified, registered and experienced therapist, holding a degree in psychology and I have been professionally trained in psychodynamic psychotherapy.
I am a member of the professional bodies UKCP and FPC.