Gareth Strangemore-JonesSolution-focused therapy hypnotherapist
My journey has been one of self-development and transformation. I am fortunate to have enjoyed a varied and exciting career path that has enabled me to create incredible happiness, health and wealth in work, as well as in my family life. The knowledge and skills I have acquired keep on giving, as I continue evolving. I am passionate in helping others now, to utlise the power of the mind to attain the lives they want to be living.
My work has taken me into many diverse and stimulating arenas: Corporate (examples: onsite therapy, work-life balance, workplace stress, entrepreneurial/business coaching, NHS/police PTSD and coping strategies), Media and Film (examples: performance anxiety, goal-oriented focus, management and production success, tutoring for creatives), Education (examples: pupils, teachers, students workshops, mental, emotional and physical wellbeing, exam/coursework stress, social anxiety), Sport (confidence, getting into the winning zone, overcoming fear-based belief systems, positive mindset), Transformational (manifestation, conscious visualisation, energy work, receiving abundance, getting into the vortex of creation).
My initial pathway led me through the fascinating learning curves of the corporate business world through journalism, marketing, media and communications working with some of the great giants of commerce. This understanding and know-how of the corporate community supports the various mental health and wellbeing roles I have now within different industries.
As a sportsman in my younger days, I was lucky enough to experience top-level rugby, football and cycling opportunities. This insight is invaluable in my work now as a sports hypnotherapist, using guided visualisation and ‘Neurofit’ subconscious brain training.
Music has always played an important therapeutic and creative part in my life. My background as a DJ and creative at events such as Glastonbury was a great source of inspiration, which I continue to enjoy now when helping performers and creatives to overcome any issues that are holding them back.
My previous PGCE-trained teaching practice (Primary, Secondary and Further Education) enhances the mental health work I do now with younger people. It means I can communicate my specialist area about how the mind works, more easily, helping our up-and-coming younger generation to mature healthily and positively.
I have extensive clinical experience in working with people with early-onset Alzheimer's and dementia, being part of an International Research Project into how Medical Hypnotherapy can help them in 10 key aspects of life. I have also worked with cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy, radiotherapy and palliative care.
Structured courses and therapeutic plans are available for both 1-2-1, couples or groups.
I now harness and utilise all these diverse life experiences and skills in my work as a therapist, speaker, writer and coach. I am passionate about providing a highly bespoke service for all my clients. If neuroscience is an individual’s preference then I gear the sessions into this area or if a person prefers a more spiritual approach I adapt to this way of communication.
I have been practising a variety of Holistic and Mental Health Therapies for more than twenty years. My career journey unravelled seamlessly to this point where I have found my true vocation and life purpose.
Free yourself from Stress, Anxiety and Depression the natural way. Learn how to get on track and stay on track with a solution focused toolkit for life! I can help you resolve mental health issues, overcome life challenges and achieve your goals.
I have been practising a variety of Holistic and Mental Health Therapies for more than 20 years.
Specialist in Online Therapy - Skype, Zoom or easy access video link (no software needed).
Telephone consultations also available.
IT'S SO SIMPLE
My Online Clinic is open Monday to Friday.
Choose a time convenient for you.
Book a session.
You’ll receive a confirmation email.
You don’t need to leave your own home.
At the appointment time, just click the link we email and you’re in!
HOW IT WORKS
The first session is an Initial Consultation, where I will take notes that include what issues or challenges are being experienced and what goals you’d like to achieve along with some medical details and other relevant information. I will then explain how the brain works and how these issues arise and, most importantly, what can be done. You will very quickly learn how you can get on track and stay on track. Ongoing sessions are a combination of talking therapies, relaxation and guided visualisation according to your needs and choices.
WHAT I DO
According to your needs and wishes, I offer an integrative programme of
- Advanced Medical Hypnotherapy
- Clinical Psychotherapy
- SFBT (Solution Focused Brief Therapy)
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming)
- Solution Focused Mindfulness
- The latest research-based and clinically-proven Neuroscience
ISSUES TREATED INCLUDE
- Health Anxiety
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight Control
- Anorexia, Bulimia and Eating Disorders
- IBS and Digestion Problems
- Grief and Bereavement
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- MCI (Mild Cognitive Impairment)
- Concentration and Memory
- Confidence and Self Esteem
- Public Speaking
- Motivation and Inspiration
- Sport Performance
- Stage and Screen Performance
- Academic Performance
- Writing and Creative Block
- Migraines and Headaches
- Pain Management
- Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Fatigue and Exhaustion
- Blood Pressure
- Workplace Stress
- Insomnia and Sleep Issues
- Self Esteem
- Child and Teen Issues
- Student & Exam Stress
- Phobias & Fears
- Driving Anxiety
- OCD and Compulsions
- Obsessive Thinking and Paranoia
- Panic Attacks and Nerves
- Nightmares and Flashbacks
- PTSD and Other Trauma
- Eczema, Psoriasis and Skin Issues
- Anger Management
- Road Rage
- Addictions and Detox
- Relationship Difficulties
- Sexual Problems
- Fertility, Pregnancy and Childbirth Solution Focused Hypnobirthing
- Post Natal Depression
- Menopause and Perimenopause Symptoms
- Post Operation Recovery
- Cancer (Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy Support)
- Cancer (Palliative Care)
- Life Coaching and Manifestation
- Many other issues and challenges
- Co-Founder and Director of Alchemy Hypnotherapy
- Consultant Medical Hypnotherapist and Clinical Solution Focused Psychotherapist
- Recognised by NHS Choices, The BMA (British Medical Association), The BPS (British Psychological Society) and The Professional Standards Authority
- Trained at The Clifton Practice with the eminent David Newton and Susan Rodrigues
- Guest speaker with David Newton at The National Council of Hypnotherapy (NCH) Annual Conference 2018
- Co-Founder / Director of The Penarth Practice
- Co-founder / Director of Lightbulb Solutions Group (Sport Performance, Education, Training and Transformation: Presentations, Speaking and Seminars)
- Medical Hypnotherapy for Cancer Patients, Marie Curie
- Winner of Zokit Business Awards (2017) for “Outstanding Contribution to Community”
- Special Commendation from Cancer Research Wales
- Reiki Master / Quantum Healing Master / Other Holistic Therapies
- Marketing, PR, Communications and Event Consultant (Quantum Communications)
- Author, Journalist and Broadcaster (Worldshift Media)
- Teacher (Schools, Neath College, Cardiff University, Brunel University)
- Founder, Fundraiser, Trustee (Tsunami Relief, Ecoshelter)
- Winner of “Intelligent Optimist of the Year” (ODE Magazine)
My approach is very much solution focused.
OK, so there’s a problem, issue, challenge or goal.
Let’s identify it and work out what to do about it!
I believe that the client is the expert in what they want and what they need.
I am a facilitator in that process – a platform, teacher and confidant.
I don’t do anything to the client or even for them. I help them to help themselves.
Think of this work as like going to a Brain Gym and I am the PT (Personal Trainer).
I will help them get on track, stay on track and get brain fit.
More than that, they will gain brain stamina and resilience.
This is a solution focused toolkit for life!
Accordingly, I offer a bespoke and integrative mix of the very best research-based and clinically-proven
HPD, DSFH, DMH, AHD, MNCH (Reg), AfSFH, NCTJ, MSC-CPA, PGCE (FE)
ALCHEMY HYPNOTHERAPY ONLINE MENTAL HEALTH AND WELLBEING CLINIC
Natural Brain Chemistry Creating Positive Change
"Trailblazing Pioneers!" (Hypnotherapy Today)
"Named among the top bracket globally!" (The Penarth Times)
GOOGLE AND YELL VERIFIED TESTIMONIALS INCLUDE
“This has been a wonderful experience for me. Through their enthusiastic and skilled approach, Alchemy Hypnotherapy has helped me manage anxiety and negative thoughts after a spell of serious illness and resulting treatments. I am more relaxed, sociable and confident. I also have more insight and clarity about my personal and professional goals. Thank you Alchemy Hypnotherapy for a very bespoke and positive experience!” (CW, January 2020)
“From my first session, I was aware that this would be something I'd never experienced in my life. It was the best decision I'd ever made. From being in the darkest place to coming out of the Hypnotherapy a new person, a better person, it makes me so happy to feel like me again. Thank you Alchemy Hypnotherapy for everything you've done for me!” (LS, December 2019)
“Alchemy Hypnotherapy has changed my life for the better. I am so grateful for the amazing help I received at a dark time in my life and I've gone from strength to strength since. Highly recommended team of warm and professional people who can actually help with issues holding you back in life.” (JD, October 2019)
“My son started seeing Alchemy Hypnotherapy due to ongoing issues with peers at school as well as anger issues. We have seen a complete change in our son who is getting along better with peers and teachers in school and his school work has drastically improved as well. We have seen a long-lasting improvement in our son's mental wellbeing as we haven't been for nearly a year but my son is still doing great, all thanks to the hard work and persistence from Alchemy Hypnotherapy. Couldn't thank them enough!!” (LiW, October 2019)
OnlineI also provide my services online.
Issues often worked with
Types of therapy
FULL PRICE LIST
1:1 Online £80 for 50 minutes
Couples or 2 People Therapy £120 for 50 minutes
Family Therapy £160 for 50 minutes
Group Therapy (Up to 6 People) £240 for 50 minutes
There is a 48-hour cancellation policy as there are limited slots available.
Training and qualifications
I am professionally registered with
– Welldoing (NHS Choices)
– CNHC (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
– UK Government Professional Standards Authority Accredited Register
– NCH (National Council for Hypnotherapy)
– AfSFH (Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy)