Eliza PrestonExistential psychotherapist
About me and my practice
My priority is to create a space in which you feel comfortable exploring things that may have been difficult to think about or express before. It’s a space to slow down, and consider what is really going on, beyond the surface noise. You may be feeling stuck and spinning on a particular challenge, moving through life in a trance, or simply want to explore and understand yourself a bit better. My aim is to help you bring a little light and space to your experience, to find traction, meaning and momentum
I offer in-person appointments on Wednesday and Friday afternoons in Peckham, and at other times in the week over phone or Zoom. Each medium has its own benefits and we can explore both to help you decide which one feels right for you. *Please note that at present, I only have availability for online appointments, but we can start working online and transition to in-person when an appointment becomes available.
I have a Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, a Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Psychology, and a Masters in Existential Psychotherapy. My training and clinical experience covers psychodynamic, humanistic and existential schools. This enables me to draw on a range of theories and approaches to develop a way of working that will suit you and your unique experience.
I bring experience of working with a diverse client group from both private practice and ongoing clinical placements including;
• - University counselling service – areas of focus include anxiety, eating disorders, depression, relational difficulties, self-esteem issues, identity issues, diversity and stress.
• - NHS trauma service for adult survivors of rape, sexual abuse and violence.
• - NHS self harm outpatient service
My clinical experience includes working with a wide range of issues such as:
• Relationship problems
• Loneliness and difficulty connecting with others
• Lack of confidence and low self esteem
• Abuse and trauma (past and/or present)
• Coming to terms with illness
• Eating disorders and body image
• Loss of meaning to life
• Difficulty coming to terms with significant events
I am registered with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and abide by both their professional code of conduct and my own professional ethics. I also draw on regular supervision from experienced practitioners to ensure the best for each and every client.
If you would like to learn more and get a sense of whether I am the right therapist for you, I offer an initial, free 30 minute consultation. In this, we can discuss what you would like to get out of therapy, my approach and style of practice and I'll answer any questions you may have.
OnlineI also provide my services online.
Issues often worked with
£60 per session
Training and qualifications
• 2018-2021: MA in Psychotherapy and Counselling (Regent's University London)
• 2018-2020: Postgraduate Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling, (Regent's University London)
• 2015-2006: Post-graduate Certificate Counselling Psychology (City, University of London)
• 2007-2010 BA hons in Archaeology and Anthropology (University of Oxford)
I have also completed the following training for working online and over the phone:
• Covid-19 Online Working Guidance (UK Council for Psychotherapy - UKCP)
• Counselling online: a coronavirus primer (Open University/ British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy - BACP)
• Covid-19 Telehealth course (Online Therapy Institute)