Yvonne LeighIntegrative counsellor
I am a qualified Counsellor with the Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and Psychotherapy and am a Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
I have been working in Practice as a Counsellor in NW London / Central London / Stamford Hill since 2000. I trained in Person-Centred Therapy, Psychoanalytic Therapy and CBT. I work in Private Practice seeing Clients both during the day and in the evening by arrangement.
From 1992 I provided support for Cancer Sufferers, their Partners and families and have provided Marriage Counselling services. I have also worked as a Counsellor and supervisor on a telephone Crisis Helpline for both adults and children.
In addition to my present Private Practice, I have worked with the Talking Matters Wellbeing Centre, a charitable organisation specialising in the prevention of Mental Health issues in Minority Ethnic Communities and Holocaust Survivors. I set up and ran Talking Hands, a sister organisation in Golders Green.
I undertake regular educational courses at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust; Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre and many other higher education centres both to maintain and further my knowledge and advances in Counselling therapies.
I am a member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (MBACP); the Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists in North London (ACPNL). I was co-chair of the Jewish Therapist Service, a group of Counsellors and Psychotherapists for 8 years and have been a member for 12 years.
I do Skype sessions for people living in other countries of the world (including Hong Kong ), for long-distance clients who change their place of work, and students that are undergoing tremendous pressures and anxieties who are now living away from home.
Evening sessions and out of work hours are available.
Issues often worked with
Types of therapy
Appointments are charged at £75 for a 50 minute session.
Training and qualifications
· Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and Psychotherapy (2005) · CPCAB Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling (2002) · Foundation Course in Counselling (2001) · RSA Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy (2000) · The Open University Diploma in Preschool Education · Certificate in Preschool Education for the Mentally Handicapped and Hearing Impaired · National Nursery Examination Board Diploma (1971)
· Regular further education courses in Counselling and Psychotherapy (2005 - present)
· Hearing Voices (2009)
· The Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre (2008 - )
· Tavistock and Portman Institute (2006 - 2007)
· Harrow Churches (Bereavement Counselling) (2004)
· MST College / Hackney College: (1999 – 2005)
· Jewish Marriage Council: (1992 – 2003)