Simon Woodward Art therapy psychoanalyst , SE7
Sometimes it can be a challenge to find the words to express how we feel. Art therapy is a form of psychotherapy where the art is the main way of communicating. It may be that the art does most of the ‘talking’ or it could be that your art provides a starting point to get a dialogue going.
At certain times in our lives we can end up feeling stuck in an emotional rut, seem to follow the same unfulfilling relationship patterns and wanting to change the way we feel but can’t quite find a way to do so. We may be struggling with anxiety or depression. Art therapy is a creative way of getting to know yourself better – helping to make changes in your life, find a way to face what is happening in your life and develop your potential.
Everybody has their own story to tell and sometimes it can be helpful to explore more deeply who we are with the help of a therapist.
I offer art therapy in both indoor spaces and outdoors green environments.
For more information on my services, please go to: www.arttherapywithsimon.co.uk
Training and qualifications
• MA Art Psychotherapy - Merit, Roehampton University, London
• Introduction to Person-Centered Counselling
• Supervision Training, British Association Art Therapists
• Certificate Environmental Arts Therapy
• Intensive Mentalization Training, BAAT,
Taking Therapy Outside: CAPO (Counselling and Psychotherapy Outdoors),
Therapeutic skills in outdoor/nature based therapy
• Environmental Arts Therapy one day course, London Art Therapy Centre
£45 per hourly session