Raquel Perez LozanoPerson-centred/humanistic counsellor
Are you feeling stressed, anxious or uncertain about the direction you are taking in life? Or perhaps you are currently going through a difficult time and feeling you need an extra support?
I am a warm, open and empathic Qualified Person-Centred Counsellor / Psychotherapist who offers you with a safe and honest space. In my own experience, feeling heard and seen -perhaps for the very first time in your life- has a powerful effect. As a Person-Centred counsellor I strongly believe that the relationship 'is the therapy' or, in other words, the quality of the relationship is essential for effective results and this is the belief that underpins my practice.
I am led by your unique needs as I trust that, given the right environment, you hold the answers to your own growth. Our work together may facilitate the development of your self-awareness and sense of self, thus changes may occur leaving you with an improved feeling of well-being and a more confident and empowered you.
It will be my utter privileged to accompany you on this journey towards change and growth to live the life you really want to live and fulfil your unique potential in life.
OnlineI also provide my services online.
Issues often worked with
I offer a 10-minute free telephone consultation where we can discuss what is you are looking for and consider whether we can work effectively together.
I offer open ended sessions. This means you are not committed to long or short-term work and we check-in every 6 sessions on how things are progressing.
My fees are £70.00 per session (50 minutes).
Training and qualifications
- Higher Professional Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- L4 Cerfiticate in Ethical Counselling in Substance Misuse.
- Certificate in Effective Facilitation in Therapeutic Groups.
- Certificate in Assessing Clients in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Certificate in Anger management.
- Certificate in Working with Women in Danger.
- Course in Mindfulness Therapy.
- I have published a collaborative research paper ("Counsellor´s Experience of Working with Clients who Self-identify as Sex-Addicts and How This Might Inform Psychotherapeutic Practice") at the 2021 Research Conference of the BACP.
I have experienced working with clients who are in a period of personal development, or going through a crisis, vulnerability or distress. I particularly assist clients suffering from depression, anxiety, PTSD, stress, relationships, shame & guilt, childhood traumas, issues with low self-esteem and self-acceptance who are disconnected from their true self or have suffered from different forms of abuse.
I am also a Spanish Human Rights Lawyer and through that work I gained valuable experience in supporting people who are in high-pressure working environments, those at a turning point in their career and life or those who live under constant psychological/ physical threats, as is the case of human rights defenders.