Jo OliverPerson-centred/humanistic counsellor
I am a BACP-qualified person-centred counsellor based in South Manchester (Didsbury and Chorlton) offering confidential, face to face sessions to support and nurture you through challenging times.
You may have clicked on this site because you are going through a difficult time or you might have certain things in your life that are troubling you? In life, we face many difficult challenges and painful situations, which we can often find hard to talk about with family or friends. Through counselling, you will be given a safe and confidential space to explore and make sense of those feelings.
· Have you had a specific experience or major life event that is making it difficult to cope or affecting present day behaviours and feelings?
· Do you feel down with low self-esteem? Constantly worried and stressed? Suffering loss or grief?
· Having relationship difficulties, either in the past or right now?
· Do you find yourself repeating unhelpful patterns and behaviours that are holding you back?
· Maybe you can’t put your finger on it, however things just don’t feel right or life isn’t as you want it to be?
· Is it simply time for things to change?
Deciding to reach out and seek counselling can be a difficult decision - but if you choose to, it is a really valuable space which might not exist in your everyday life. You will be listened to, heard and valued – often, many clients say, for the first time. You will gain insight and become empowered to look at things in different ways. Ultimately you will encounter healing and transformational change to enable you to live a more fulfilled and authentic life.
I am passionate about the person-centred counselling approach, because put simply, you are not seen as a ‘patient’ being treated by an ‘expert.’ Instead you are a client and we are viewed as equal. I believe the relationship between you as the client and me as the therapist is at the heart of all therapy work. Our relationship is built on trust, which is earned by myself from you, and it ultimately facilitates your healing process. For this reason, it's important that you find a counsellor who is right for you.
That is why I offer an initial 20-minute call free of charge for you to find out more and ask any questions you may have. There is absolutely no obligation whatsoever as I understand it is a very personal decision.
I hope something has connected with you to get in touch.
Issues often worked with
Types of therapy
£50 per session (55 minutes)
Training and qualifications
Advanced diploma in therapeutic counselling