Varsha VashisthawPerson-centred/humanistic psychotherapist
"Everyone can transform from the Ugly Duckling to the Swan they are meant to be"
Slogan & Core Belief
There are moments in everyone's life that everything looks ugly, sad and confusing. We start feeling tired all the
time, people that used to be fun, are annoying now. Food has lost the sense of taste. The sensation of pleasure
and happiness has vanished.
I would like to support you to try to find out the reason /root of the difficulty. We can work together using different
tools that can be beneficial to achieve your goal and to gain a new insight.
I can offer you: a safe place to express how are you feeling with no judgements and keeping the information that
we share in confidential and professional manner.
What do I love the most of this career?
The relationship that you develop with another human being is honest, respectful and maybe the best one.
What makes me Unique
- -I can speak four languages: Spanish, English, Hindi and Sindhi.
Because of my cultural background (being raised with Indian values) in a western world, in this case, Spain and
following the tradition of getting married and coming to live in the UK for the past 20 years.
- -You will be able to talk to someone in your own language
- -I can understand the differences and cultural diversities
- -I know how hard is to Break the conditioning rules of society
- -I was a client myself in a therapy room and I had to overcome my personal demons and skeletons and it is really scary and bravery is needed
- -I offer to counselling from the comfort of your home
- - Around your schedule
- I am an individual member of the BACP ( British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists)
- I have completed Diploma in Counselling Person Centred & Existential Approach and I have more than 500
- hours of client work
What to do next?
1-Arrange an informal chat: call me or text me on 07749878681
Email me on [email protected]
2-Home visiting counselling for your peace of mind: @ £35 p/hour (£25 p/h If you are working parent) / by phone
I have a room for hire
- Check out my website www.uglyducklingtransform.com, where you get to know a little more about the way I
- work and who I am
- I have a Facebook page: Ugly Duckling Counselling Service, where you can find posts about the service
- Extra Information for your Safety
- I am DBS checked
- I always carry my credentials with me
- For the 1st session £10 deposit required before any session.
- I will visit you weekly for 6-10 sessions, normally @ the same time @ day of the week (we can always arrange
- any changes @ least 24 hours in advance)
- Sessions last 60 minutes
Issues often worked with
Types of therapy
I can do home visits or if you prefer you can come to my therapy room which is situated in Corringham, Essex. The sessions last for 60 minutes and if we decide to work together our sessions for £35 per hour. I will require £10 deposit for the first session
Training and qualifications
BACP Diploma qualification in Person-Centred and Existentialism
Diploma in Children's Counselling
I have completed training: Female Genital Mutilation
Forced Marriage & Honor Killing
Young People and Eating Disorders