Counselling can help you to make sense of your problems and gain a better understanding of yourself and help you find ways to better cope with life's ups and downs.
I provide a safe and confidential space for you to come and talk about anything in your life that may be causing you distress or confusion from that odd sense that things aren't quite right and feeling unfulfilled to specific issues which are affecting your daily life e.g. bereavement, abuse, self defeating and / self destructive behaviours.
Counselling can help you to deal with problems including but not limited to:
- Depression, Anxiety and Stress
- Loss of Confidence or Low Self Esteem
- Bereavement and loss
- Traumatic experiences
- Emotional, Physical or Sexual Abuse
- Work difficulties
- Relationships problems
- Separation and / or divorce recovery
- Self Defeating behaviours and patterns
- Anger management
- Life crisis or transition
- Coming to terms with medical diagnosis e.g. Motor Neuron Disease
- Learning to accept and live with chronic long term conditions e.g ME, fibromyalgia, MS, Diabetes
- Support for Carers and those who are cared for
As a qualified integrative counsellor; I use a variety of counselling approaches to suit the needs of the individual. The main theoretical approaches that I use in my work are; Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Solution Focused, Gestalt, Transactional Analysis, Motivational Interviewing, mindfulness, Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I will work with you in a way that is supportive, warm and non-judgemental, to guide you through any distress you may be experiencing and I aim to empower you to deal with any difficulties, whatever they may be.