It can be difficult to take the first step to seek help in order to feel better about yourself and your life. Together we can work on how you can take charge of your life in a way that can help you to increase your self-esteem, confidence, motivation, and resilience to move forward and handle whatever is in your way.
How much would you like to learn and understand about yourself so as to be able to make healthy and positive changes in the way you respond to the world and to grow and reach your full potential? For this, you may need to know what you are experiencing and what is behind those experiences. For instance;
- Have you experienced feelings of being anxious, depressed, sad, confused, stuck, traumatized, unconfident, helpless, terrified, and worried? What you do to cope with those feelings will have an impact on how you live your life.
- Have you ever found yourself repeating old patterns of negativity all over again without realising it? What are the triggers for those ?
- Do you worry so much that you can’t sleep properly?
- Are you trying to control the outside world in order to fix how you feel inside yourself?
- Are you using destructive coping mechanisms, such as drugs and alcohol or other things that have a negative impact on your health, in order to cope with your emotional pain?
- Do you feel the need to hurt yourself physically or emotionally and you are not sure why?
- Are you tired of being a people pleaser to get validation or feel better, and instead find that you are neglecting yourself?
- Are you experiencing difficulties in relating to others or maintaining healthy relationships? Are those relationships a perfect mirror of your inner relationship with yourself?
- Are you finding it difficult to minimise the critical voice that sabotages your capacity to take decisions or enjoy your life?
- These are just a few of the common problems people can experience in modern-day society. By working together I can help you to explore and address those issues in a safe and non-judgmental environment where you can feel heard and understood. In this environment you will have the opportunity to experience your vulnerability through our therapeutic relationship, to develop and nurture a deeper capacity for resilience and confidence, and to address, and ultimately overcome, your difficulties in order to take the required steps to positive change.
I use an integrative approach which is a type of therapy based on the idea that what may work for you may not work for others. Therefore I will blend different therapeutic techniques to tailor my approach to your specific needs. The way we relate to each other (the therapeutic relationship) during the counselling process is going to be the main ingredient for our work and journey together; and once this relationship has developed through trust and acknowledgment, where you can feel free to be yourself to recover and grow, the base of your therapy will have been laid. This is when real change can begin.
I can offer both short-term and open-ended work, online, telephone, and face-to-face.
I specialise in stress, anxiety, depression, addictions, bereavement, eating disorders, low self-confidence, relationship issues, and work-related issues.
My professional background
My professional background is in social work. I have been supporting people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds with their emotional and practical needs for the last 15 years. Having worked with vulnerable people, I deal with my clients on a day-to-day basis, and this has given me a greater understanding of the difficulties faced in people’s everyday lives. I draw on this experience when working with clients who are suffering from mental health or emotional issues.
OnlineI also provide my services online.
Issues often worked with
Types of therapy
£40 Online counselling session.
Training and qualifications
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Awards in Introduction to Counselling
- Counsellor for The NHS IAPT Services