Warm welcome to my profile.
My name is Joanna and I am a fully qualified and BACP accredited therapist and Transactional Analysis practitioner.
I run my private therapy practice in West London (Ealing Broadway — W4, W5, W7, W13) and East London (Hackney Central — E9, E8). I support people through counselling and psychotherapy sessions, as well as coaching and training.
I offer a safe, confidential and non-judgmental space for looking at whatever you would like to bring – be that anxiety, depression, feeling sad, loss, trauma, relationship problems, family issues, anger, identity issues or any other issue.
My special interests and expertise include issues of identity and purpose, issues of emotional abandonment, and working with the relationships in all their forms; with the self, with the other and with the dynamic the two or more people create when they get together.
I value developing an attentive and caring relationship towards oneself, which translates to our relationships with those around us.
I work with anyone who wishes to engage in a process of deepening self-discovery, gain greater connection with self and others, and improve and enrich their relationships.
What can you expect the process to look like?
- - You can contact me by telephone, email or text - all enquiries are strictly confidential.
- - Please don’t hesitate to contact me for a free 10-15 minute no obligation chat to briefly discuss the issue you are currently facing. I will explain how I may be able to help you and answer any questions you have.
- - If you are happy to proceed, we would arrange to meet for a first session. At this point, we will talk a little bit about you and your history, what brought you here and what you would like to achieve from the sessions. There is no obligation to commit to further sessions after this first meeting.
- - Once we have agreed to move forward and work together the counselling process will go through different phases based on your needs and goals.
- - The initial session might last from 30 – 50 minutes and subsequent sessions are 50 minutes. Ongoing sessions are usually once a week. The duration of our work together could be as short as six weeks or longer, depending on your need and preference.
My main way of working is based on the Transactional Analysis model and I am also able to use a wide range of techniques and theories, tailoring my approach to suit you. In my work I have integrated some ideas and techniques from CBT, mindfulness, existential therapy, and art therapy.
I have two practices; one in Hackney (East London, E8, E9) and one in Ealing Broadway (West London, W5, W7, W13). My fee is £55 - £60 per individual session, and £70 per couple session.
I am available for telephone consultations from Monday to Saturday. I aim to respond to all voice messages/texts/emails within 24 hours.
Ealing Broadway: Monday, Wednesday & Thursday 9am – 10pm
Hackney: Tuesday 5pm - 10pm
Training and qualifications
- Diploma in Counselling - I have a diploma in Transactional Analysis counselling having completed a four year advanced training course in TA counselling and psychotherapy
- Couples therapy course
- MSc in Life Sciences
- BACP (Registered Member; Accredited 236487)
- National Counselling Society (Accredited Registrant; NCS16-03443)
Data Protection Registered
Consultation session - £ 40 (30 - 50 min)
Individual counselling session - £55 (daytime) - £60 (evening)
Couples counseling session £65 - £75 (50 min)
Groups - £30/£35 (2/2.5 hr)
Before we agree to work together, I will invite you to have an initial face-to-face, or online consultation session that will cost £40.
(cash, cheque or electronic transfers accepted)