Dan Skili Drama therapy psychotherapist , E1W
Hi, I'm Dan
I’m a registered Creative Arts Psychotherapy, with 18 years experience working with individuals, groups and young people. My service is based in Wapping, in the Tower - and London Bridge area close to the City of London as well as Canary Wharf and Canada Water.
Attending therapy for the first time may be a difficult step for you because of possible feelings of stigma around mental health, being seen as weak or unable to cope, feelings that there is something wrong with you or just not knowing what to expect; I am here to dispel these worries. I believe attending therapy is all about your well-being, self exploration and self development as well as learning new strategies and coping mechanisms to deal with difficult and complex events in your life.
I offer talking therapy but as a Creative Arts Psychotherapist I can also offer other ways of supporting you through therapy, should you wish to. The therapy is always client led and conducted in a comfortable, welcoming and relaxed environment.
Creative Arts Psychotherapy
Creative Arts Psychotherapy is a form of psychological therapy in which all of the performance arts are utilised within the therapeutic relationship. Creative therapists engage clients in effecting psychological, emotional and social changes; and clients who are referred do absolutely not need to have previous experience or skill in drawing, playing instruments, acting, theatre, drama or moving. Creative Arts Psychotherapists are trained to enable clients to find the most suitable medium for them to engage in group or individual therapy to address and resolve, or make troubling issues more bearable.
I am also a registered Clinical Supervisor from the extensive 18 month Creative Arts Supervision Training course. As a Clinical Supervisor I work with the seven-eyed model of supervision (by Peter Hawkins and Robin Shoet).
Training and qualifications
- I graduated as a Dramatherapist from the Sesame Dramatherapy course at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama in 2000 and have over 18 years extensive experience working with children, young people and adults in various settings. I am employed by the London Borough of Sutton as a Dramatherapist for the Sutton Clinical Health Team for People with Learning Disabilities and have worked there 10 years. Here, as the placement manager, I also supervise Dramatherapy Roehampton University students ongoing.
- I am a registered Clinical Supervisor and offer supervision to all professionals who work in the health and caring professions which could be counsellors, therapists, nurses, doctors, teachers, social workers or care workers.
- I teach Introduction to Dramatherapy at the established City Literary Institute in Covent Garden throughout the year. I previously worked at ‘Studio Upstairs’ - the arts community with a therapeutic concern for 8 years, where I facilitated the Psycho-therapeutic Performance Group in a mental health setting, as well as also supervising students and volunteers.
- I worked extensively with women and men who experience domestic abuse, in the London Borough of Greenwich for ‘Tryangle Project 2011’, where Augusto Boal’s Psych-Educational Forum Theatre (Theatre of the Opressed) is at the heart of the work.
- I regularly facilitate and make use of Forum Theatre, Playback Theatre and Gabriel Roth‘s Five Rhythms, as a part of my Dramatherapy practice; as well as the more traditional ways of working in Dramatherapy, offering our clients talking therapy as well as the option to get out of their chair, in order to in a 3D manner, explore relevant issues through the art form of role-play, drama, movement, voice, story-telling, story-enactment, improvisation, puppetry, drumming, the playing of instruments, drawing and making music - all in relation to what the client is comfortable with.
Over the years I have very much enjoyed worked closely with other Councillors, Music Therapists, Art Therapists and Dance/Movement Psychotherapists – where I have felt that sharing ways of working with other disciplines, yet related disciplines, and being inspired by them, is not only useful but an essential way of developing one’s own clinical practice.
I currently offer an initial 30 minute consultation at only £20.00 where you will be able to see if you would like to carry on accessing my service, and for me to see if I think I'll be able to help you and make a difference to your life.
I believe in accessible and affordable therapy:
50 minute sessions are £50.00 with concessions for students. Couples are £60.00 Group session are £30.00 per person. I offer discounts for on-going bookings when 10 sessions, booked in one transaction. (one session free)
Clinical Supervision for professionals is equally priced at £50.00 per session with concessions for students. I offer discounts for on-going supervision bookings, when 10 sessions booked in one transaction. (one session free)
Group supervision offered at the discounted price of £30.00 per session.
Art therapy Cognitive analytical therapy Couples therapy Drama therapy Issues often worked with:
AddictionAnger/violenceAnxietyBereavementCouple relationshipsCultural issuesDepression Availability:
Within one week Therapy offered:
In person Client groups:
IndividualsGroupCouples Member organisations:
1 Knighten Street
Wapping is a quiet, leafy and pleasant corner of central London Near Tower Bridge and conveniently close to the financial districts of the City of London and Canary Wharf. Street parking available and 5 minutes walk from Wapping Overground Station.
Dear Client, because of renovation of the amazing 300 year old 'Raine House', I am for the time being, practicing just opposite, in the very comfortable and spacious Children's Centre, which is a bright and modern building.