Leanne Hoffman Psychodynamic psychotherapist , EC1M
My focus is on helping people explore their thoughts, feelings, and past to help relieve difficult emotional states, understand more about their patterns of behaviour and improve many areas of people's lives like their stresses, anxieties, relationships and much more. I believe that once people have a better understanding of what drives their behaviour and their ways of interacting with others, there is the chance to truly flourish.
I am an experienced psychodynamic psychotherapist accredited and registered with the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) working in private practice in the City, London. I have also worked for the last twenty years as a consultant, coach and trainer specialising in organisational development, helping people change behaviours and build skills.
People come to therapy for many different reasons:
· A significant event such as a bereavement or other event that can leave them feeling low or traumatised.
· A relationship breakdown, inability to commit, or cannot find the one.
· A career crisis.
· Seeking direction or meaning in life.
· A desire to break unhealthy patterns of behavior e.g. excessive porn, alcohol, and drugs or over or under eating.
· A general sense of unhappiness, depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts and loneliness.
It often feels that this is just the way it is but therapy can help transform these emotions. I believe therapy offers a unique and confidential relationship that can help you make sense of your life. It provides you with a safe and supportive environment to explore thoughts, feelings and concerns.
Feelings like anxiety, depression, and unhappiness are often linked to past experiences and emotions that are hidden deep inside of us. Therapy can help bring these into our consciousness providing people with a better understanding of many difficult states of mind. Gaining insight into what is driving your thoughts and behaviour can dramatically change your outlook, improving how you feel and how you interact with others.
The areas I specialise in include:
· Anxiety, phobias and O.C.D.
· Low self esteem.
· Issues with identity.
· Relationship and sexual difficulties.
· Rage and excessive anger.
· Loss and bereavement.
· Pregnancy and child related issues.
· Well being, resilience and emotional intelligence.
Training and qualifications
· Registered and Accredited Member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy).
· MA and Post Graduate Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Roehampton University.
· Licentiate of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
· BA Hons 2(i), English Literature, University of Leeds.
Also qualified as a coach, mediator, DISC (behavioural profiling tool) and Situational Leadership (Ken Blanchard) trainer. I have a certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
My fees are £85 for an initial consultation and £80 for all other sessions.
Cognitive behaviour therapy Interpersonal Psychoanalytic Psychodynamic Relational Transactional analysis Issues often worked with:
AddictionAngerAnxietyBereavementDepressionInterpersonal relationshipsSexual abuseTraumaOCDSexualitySocial anxietySuicidal thoughts Availability:
Has availability Therapy offered:
In personBy phoneOn video Client groups:
AdultGroup Member organisations:
59 St John Street