Katriona O'ConnorIntegrative therapist
Hi there, I'm Katriona, a counsellor/psychotherapist.
I work in a collaborative and relational way at your pace. You may be seeking support during a rocky time or perhaps something from the past has de-railed you and from shining a light on it with a qualified professional would be beneficial. Either way, together we can decide on the best approach for your situation.
I have both psychodynamic and person centred training to draw from and tend to bring energy and on occasion humour to our work. Ultimately I am here to support and listen in a non-judgemental and emphatic way. I work with a broad range of topics including building self-esteem, low mood, career crisis, abuse, negative inter relationship patterns and anxiety, to name just a few. We would work on coping strategies and ways to build your resilience and confidence, particularly when our therapy concludes. Having worked in the Corporate sector for many years, I have extensive experience of career counselling and crossroads, workplace disruption and managing/preventing burnout and also work as a Coach.
As a first step I suggest a call so I can understand more about your situation and for you to get a sense of how we could work together or feel free to email, if you prefer. Should we decide to proceed, we would typically meet every week for 50 minutes.
Thank you for visiting my profile, wishing you well.
OnlineI also provide my services online.
Issues often worked with
Types of therapy
Introductory call is free (15 minutes). Please contact me for details on rates and bundles, if you wish to book more than one session in advance.
Training and qualifications
· Advanced Diploma, Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling (BACP accredited, CPPD)
· Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling (BACP accredited, CPPD)
· Certificate in Psychotherapy and Counselling, Regents University
· Certificate in Working with Children and Young People
· Neuroscience, Attachment and Therapeutic Alliance
· Working with Couples and other Partnerships
· Psychiatry, Psychopathology and Psychodynamics
·. Certificate in CBT· Working with Suicide Ideation
· Working with Trauma
· Hogan Psychometric Qualified