Sarah HanisonIntegrative psychotherapist
Hello, and a very warm welcome. Whatever is troubling you, whatever the stress or anxiety or trauma, let's work together gently and creatively to support your healing and moving forwards. I am an experienced accredited counsellor and psychotherapist and EFT and Matrix Reimprinting Practitioner with over 10 years in practice helping and supporting adults. I work either in person from a safe and confidential space in Croxley Green or Rickmansworth or online (via video, voice, IM, email, telephone). As well as my standard qualifications I also have a Certificate in Cyber Therapy and am a professional member of the Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Online (ACTO) for my online work.
As an integrative psychotherapist I practice in a warm and person-centred way working holistically (mind, body, feelings and spirit) and tailoring my skills to match your needs. I am trained in a number of modalities: psychodynamic, humanistic, existential and transpersonal psychotherapies, and work in a variety of creative ways; as well as listening and reflecting, we can work with Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) and related energy therapies, mindfulness and meditation, body and breath work, multi-modal CBT, visualisation, drawing and working with your dreams and archetypal material.
Some of the areas I specialise in includes stress, depression, low self-esteem, anxiety and panic and OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), general trauma, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and dissociation, abuse (sexual, verbal, physical), domestic violence, life transitions such as divorce, parenthood, redundancy and bereavement, and finding meaning and purpose in life. I also have a special interest in women's psychological health and particularly in the following: a deeply transformative experience of menstruation, peri-menopause and menopause; and in pregnancy and motherhood - the changes in a woman's identity, fertility issues, antenatal and postnatal depression, birth trauma, and the trauma of losing a baby.
Additionally, I am an accredited EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) practitioner, and professional member of EFT International. EFT is a wonderfully safe, effective and gentle technique for trauma (PTSD), phobias and addictions, stress, anxiety and panic, depression, negative belief systems … it benefits most things. In addition, I’m also a Matrix Reimprinting and Matrix Birth Reimprinting practitioner. Utilising EFT and visualisation techniques both these therapies offer a very effective way in processing and clearing deep trauma without having to necessarily relive the actual event and risk retraumatisation. They also help to uncover core unconscious negative beliefs and behavioural patterns and transform them. Matrix Birth Reimprinting helps to gently clear trauma and stress that took place at conception, in utero, birth, and the hours and days after being born. It is also helpful for infertility issues, loss of a child, miscarriage, abortion, and adoption.
I integrate EFT and Matrix Reimprinting into my psychotherapy practice and also offer them as stand-alone therapies.
As well as EFT and Matrix Reimprinting for trauma I have undergone specific trauma training with PODS (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors); and am able to see clients through the whole spectrum of trauma and dissociative disorders. I am a DID (dissociative identity disorder) friendly therapist.
First and foremost, our work together is centred on building a relationship where you feel safe and more at ease. This is about your story, about weaving together the narrative of your life; it is you who knows your sorrows and joys, your thoughts and feelings. My role is to understand what life is like for you as we work collaboratively to make sense of your experiences, to help you unearth the inner resources and personal qualities you already possess in order to cope better and find new ways of being and relating. Sometimes life’s challenges really do offer unique opportunities for growth.
I very much look forward to working with you.
Availability: 8am - 3pm Mon-Fri, 8pm - 10pm Mon-Thurs, 6pm - 9pm Fri.
OnlineI also provide my services online.
Issues often worked with
I charge £50 for a 50 minute in-person or online therapy session. I also offer low cost spaces which are negotiable and dependent upon your circumstances.
Therapy can take place for an agreed time period or on an open-ended basis. I usually encourage regular reviews so we can assess how therapy is helping you, and on this basis whether to continue or end.
The decision to end therapy is always open to you. However, what I do suggest in the case of longer-term therapy is that when an ending has been agreed we spend at least 4 weeks working towards this. Our relationship will potentially be a significant one and an important aspect of our work together is to address the ending of the relationship.
Training and qualifications
- Certificate in Cyber Therapy - Online Therapy Institute.
- Certified Accredited EFT Practitioner. (level 1 & 2).
- Post-graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy - Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE). (This included a minimum of 160 hours of individual therapy, at least 550 hours of supervised counselling practice and 100 hours at a clinical psychiatric placement).
- Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy Skills - Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE).
- BA Hons Degree in Human Communications (2:1) - Lancaster University. (Psychology, sociology, linguistics).
Other Relevant Courses:
- Birth Matrix Reimprinting using EFT
- Matrix Reimprinting using EFT
- Master Practitioner Energy EFT
- Multimodal CBT
- Foundation for Infant Loss Training
- Healing Complex Trauma with an integrative, transpersonal ego state therapy
PODS Trauma Training:
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice
- Trauma Dissociation and Recovery
- Trauma and the Body: Somatisation and Dissociation
- Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing
- Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP). Registrant.
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). Registered Member.
- The Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Online (ACTO). Professional Member.
- EFT International. Professional Member.