Meet the Coach: Rita Chowdhry
What attracted you to become a coach?
It’s a rewarding career where you can help others and have flexibility and control of your working life.
Where did you train?
The Coaching Academy
What kind of coaching do you offer?
I offer individual and corporate coaching which includes a blend of profiling, coaching and training. I can help clients with:
- Promotion and career development
- Improving communication and reducing conflict
- Parenting and relationships
- Setting up a business
- Work/life balance
- Confidence and personal fulfilment
How does your coaching help people achieve success?
Our approach is unique and successful. I use personality profiling and take clients through my trademarked SAVVI framework to help them with their:
- Achiever’s mindset
- Verbal communication
It has helped people from all areas of life including:
- A manager seeking a promotion
- A parent wanting to improve their relationship with their children
- A young entrepreneur looking to set up his own business and see his earnings triple
What sort of coaching clients do you usually see?
CEOs and directors, senior and middle managers, entrepreneurs and individuals
Do you ever suggest books or other materials to clients?
- My book Get Savvi
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson
- The Chimp Paradox by Steve Peters
- Oprah Winfrey’s Super Soul podcast
What do you like about being a coach?
Watching people transform their working and personal lives.
What is less pleasant?
What is one life lesson you try to live by?
The importance of having a good morning routine which includes learning, movement, and gratitude.
What do you wish people knew about coaching?
Everybody would benefit from coaching. And that it's very different from therapy.
Do you have a favourite client testimonial or particular success story?
Jay Patel, Executive Director at Day Lewis:
"I’ve been receiving coaching from Rita for over four years now and the results have been holistic and transformational. I’ve got a much better understanding of my own persona, and what drives me as well as my personal blind spots. This has resulted in significant improvements in my professional and personal life. Rita coached me to articulate the future vision for our family-owned pharmacy chain much of which has been successfully executed. Essentially, she has helped me become a better CEO, husband and father, for which I will always be grateful."