I am an experienced Chartered Clinical Psychologist, providing psychological support and psychotherapy in north and central London, with over 10 years of experience working in a range of private and public health care settings (most recently with Tavistock and Portman NHS). My extensive clinical work has afforded me a wealth of practice in assessment and treatment of culturally diverse populations in all age groups, providing both short-term and longer-term therapy to patients in the USA and the UK.
I work therapeutically with adults and also provide training and supervision to those within the field, on doctoral training courses and in related disciplines.
My therapeutic approach is primarily psychoanalytically informed and based on the understanding that difficult experiences in the past can continue to affect the way we feel and behave in the present. At times in life we feel at sea, disoriented and awash with complex feelings and experiences, which are often driven by unconscious patterns and deeply held beliefs and fears. I believe that therapy is a shared endeavour to uncover past and current difficulties, promote awareness and understanding, ease distress and recover a life of meaning in a way that feels true and authentic to oneself.
I also have training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and the Person-Centred model, and I draw on these when I feel they may be helpful to my clients.
While undertaking psychotherapy is a commitment, the length of time involved is individual; therefore, the work may be short or longer term according to your needs.
Training and qualifications
- Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Psychology, PhD, University of Palo Alto, California
- Post Graduate Diploma Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, University of Essex and The Tavistock and Portman NHS
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy Training, The Tavistock and Portman and The Anna Freud Centre
- Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (CPD Training), The Tavistock and Portman and Allan Abbass, MD
- Master of Science in Clinical Psychology (Hons.), MSc, University of Palo Alto, California
- BA (Hons.) College of Management, Tel-Aviv
Sessions are 50 minutes long.
£75 per assessment or treatment session.
Limited concessionary rates are available for students and patients on a low income.