Laura Hughes Person-centred/humanistic counsellor , WR9
Life has so many ways of throwing problems at us. Most of the time you can probably cope with it and carry on. But sometimes, it can become too overwhelming to deal with on your own and it's a struggle to keep going.
Hi, I'm Laura. I'm a qualified, experienced counsellor, and Registered Member of the BACP. I hope you find the information you need here, but please feel free to have a look at my website where you'll find more information about counselling and the services I offer: https://www.embercounselling.com
I work with a person-centred approach to counselling which is all about creating a safe space and an accepting relationship for you to share your thoughts, feelings and experiences. By talking things through, this can offer you a greater understanding or a different perspective on what you've been through, and lead to an exploration of your options. Sometimes, just sharing with someone impartial can be a relief in itself, and give you some room to breathe and be yourself.
People come to counselling for different reasons - for some it's about 'sharing the load' during a period of intense stress and finding more effective coping strategies; for others it's about delving a little deeper and understanding how they have been shaped by their experiences over time.
Whatever your reason for coming to counselling, I aim to provide a warm and calming environment for you to express yourself freely and honestly, whether that means tears, anger or even laughter.
Please feel free to contact me for further information; I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you.
Training and qualifications
- – Currently - Studying for a Master’s Degree in Mental Health
- – Currently – Studying for a Level 6 qualification in couple and family counselling
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency (Jan 2015)
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (2012-2014)
- BSc (Hons) Counselling Psychology (2009-2012)
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (2012)
- Counselling Children and Adolescents Level 4 (2012)
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness in Bereavement Care (2011)
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (2011)
- Level 2 Award in Introduction to Counselling Skills (2010)
- Initial Meeting (30 minutes): Free
- Individual (at therapy room in Droitwich): £30 per session.
- Individual (home visit): £35 per session.
Please see my website for fees and more information relating to these and other services.
Concessionary places/reduced fees are available depending on your circumstances. Please ask for more information.
If you wish to cancel an appointment, I require at least 24 hours notice, otherwise the full cost of the session will be payable.
114 Amphlett House