Sofia RemountakiIntegrative psychotherapist
I am a warm, creative and flexible Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, with years of experience working with issues like anxiety, depression, self-harm, Eating Disorders and other. My approach is Integrative, which means that I draw on a range of therapeutic thinking and models (Humanistic, Psychodynamic, CBT etc) in order to accommodate the individual needs of the person I work with. In addition, my foundation was on Art Psychotherapy which gave me the ability to use tools such as Drawing, Music, Sandtray and other in my work, if that is something you would be interest to experiment with (you do not have to be an artist, I am not!).
Part of my training has been Child and Adolescent orientated, which gave me the skills needed to work with children, adolescent and young adults. And I feel that this part of my training gave more depth to my work with adults.
My style is open and respectful of my client and I hold a space for them where they will be heard and where they may explore any issues they bring, at a pace that is comfortable for them. And as a strong believer in race, culture, gender, sexuality and relationship diversity and equality, I welcome people of all ages and backgrounds in my practice.
I can work with you in English or Greek, face to face at Finchley Central or online via Zoom. I also offer One-Off Consultations and Single Session Therapy. Please give me a call if you are unsure which service will be best for you, I will be more than happy to discuss.
*I believe in equal opportunities, so if due to your circumstances your needs cannot be accommodated by the standard Counselling set up i.e. someone with a disability, a single parent with very young children and no childcare etc. let’s talk and find a solution that works for both of us. Parents with infants are very welcome to come to sessions with their little one.*
OnlineI also provide my services online.
Issues often worked with
- £60 per session. Sliding scale for low income
- £70 Single Session Therapy
- £70 One-Off Consultation
Training and qualifications
- MA in Integrative Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy and Counselling (pending dissertation), Terapia with University of Middlesex, accredited by UKCP.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling, Terapia with University of Middlesex, accredited by BACP.
- Advanced Diploma in the Therapeutic and Educational Application of the Arts, Foundation of the UKCP and HCPC accredited training in Integrative Art Psychotherapy, Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education (IATE) with University of East London.
- Certified Cyber Therapist, Online Therapy Instituted, accredited by ACTO.
- Master Practitioner in Eating Disorders & Obesity, National Centre for Eating Disorders.