Sarah DawnayPsychodynamic psychotherapist
Are you feeling overwhelmed, anxious, depressed, or stuck, or are you are struggling with relationships, or day to day life? I provide a safe and confidential space where we can work together to identify, explore and work through things that are troubling you. I practice with empathy, compassion and discretion adapting my approach to best suit your needs and challenges, helping you to move forwards towards positive and lasting change.
I am an experienced UKCP, BACP, BPC, registered psychotherapist providing regular open-ended psychotherapy and counselling, and short-term therapy to adults and young adults both online and face to face. I am flexible in adopting whichever approach best suits your needs, life commitments and budget.
I work collaboratively with you to make sense of difficult feelings, events, or patterns of relating; to bring greater awareness to these experiences and to develop a greater understanding of unseen patterns of behaviour that may underlie psychological distress. In exploring this it may then be possible to address the current and past life experiences to which such feelings and behaviours may relate and move towards positive change.
I have extensive clinical experience and offer specialist support in the following areas:
- Anxiety, stress, panic attacks.
- Depression (sadness, despair, emptiness, alienation, loneliness).
- Lack of confidence and low self-esteem.
- Relationship and family difficulties.
- Feelings of anger or frustration.
- Loss, bereavement and life transitions.
- Counter-productive coping strategies such as disrupted eating patterns, self-harm and addiction.
- COVID related worries.
Prior to my career as a psychotherapist I worked as a lawyer at a large global practice and also coached, mentored and trained international clients and postgraduates. As such I am keenly aware of the personal, professional and environmental pressures placed on individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds and passionate about supporting people through life's challenges and transitions.
I understand that it can be daunting to make the first step towards therapy but if you are thinking about having therapy or would like to know more about how I work and whether therapy could work for you, please call (07714765523) or email me ([email protected]).
Issues often worked with
Calculated in proportion to income and the time of day you can attend.
Concessionary rates are available.
Training and qualifications
- Fully qualified psychodynamic psychotherapist having completed a 5 year postgraduate clinical and academic training at one of London’s foremost training institutions.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Theory and Practice from the University of Roehampton.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Skills from WPF Therapy (Distinction).
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Clinical Practice (Society of Analytic Psychology) - currently completing.
- BA Joint Hons. in Economic and Social History and Politics (1st) and an MSc in International Dispute Resolution.
- Member of the Trainee Liaison Committee for the Foundation of Psychotherapy and Counselling (FPC).
- Member of the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
- Long standing experience working with Mind (Charity), WPF Therapy, Universities, law firms and in private practice providing psychotherapy and counselling, mentoring and coaching and undertaking consultations/assessments.
- I am committed to my on-going professional development and I am a professional member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP), British Associate of Counselling, Psychotherapy (BACP), the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC), and the Foundation of Psychotherapy and Counselling (FPC). All of these organisations have strict ethical codes and professional standards of confidentiality to which I subscribe.