Hello and welcome. We all experience emotional difficulties during our lives but when we realise that we are no longer coping well or not recovering from these difficulties it may be time to seek counselling. Counselling can help to bring about change or enable recovery if you are stuck in destructive patterns of behaviour or thinking, or are unable to leave the past behind.
I am an experienced counsellor and can offer the opportunity for you to explore your problems with someone who is neutral, non-judgemental and who will listen to you in a way that may not have happened before. My style is compassionate and engaging as therapy is fundamentally about developing trust in order to enable you to make changes. We will remain focused on your problems whilst allowing time to fully explore what is causing the unhappiness or difficulties in your life.
I offer both short-term counselling and longer term, open ended, one to one counselling for young people and adults. I also offer counselling for trainee counsellors. I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
I welcome trainee counsellors looking to do your 40 hours of personal therapy.
For more information please visit my website: www.sarahdavenportcounselling.com
Training and qualifications
Higher diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Person Centred Therapy)
Accredited member of the BACP
BACP Register Number 071519
- Working relationally with survivors of childhood sexual abuse and complex trauma - delivered by Christiane Sanderson (2017)
- Stalking Training by You First (integrated domestic abuse service) (2017)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (2016)
- Counselling for depression (2015)
- Abuse within adolescent relationships (2014)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (2014)
- Art therapy (2014)
- Working with self harm (2014)
- Domestic violence/abuse and the MARAC process (2013)
Sessions are £40 each and last for 50 minutes.
An initial consultation is £20 for 50 minutes.
I offer a reduced fee of £30 per session for the 40 hours of personal therapy required by trainee counsellors with a fee of £10 for the intial 50 minute consultation.