Ryan CardIntegrative psychotherapist
I am a qualified integrative counsellor and psychotherapist specialising in anxiety, depression, mood and stress as well as addiction and dual diagnosis including personality disorders. My approach is committed to providing a confidential, non-judgemental space to help individuals process and understand the emotional and psychological difficulties that may be causing them distress.
My experience includes working with appearance issues, addiction, anger, anxiety, bereavement, bipolar, depression, obsessions and compulsions, personality issues, self-harm and trauma.
I am in my final year of my doctoral training in counselling psychology.
I first trained as an addiction therapist at a private rehabilitation centre in 2005 and have since had over 14 years’ experience working with addiction and dual diagnosis in a variety of settings including private rehabilitation centres, prison services, charities and NHS community services including specialist addiction services and community mental health teams (CMHT).
I have undergone additional training in solution-focused therapy through Brief training, dialectical behavioural therapy (DBT) including mindfulness through British Isles DBT training, motivational interviewing (MI) and Yalom's model of interpersonal group psychotherapy, and its application in the treatment of addiction, delivered through Bath University.
I work integratively and draw on evidence-based interventions including person-centred approach, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioural therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), compassion-focused therapy (CFT), psychodynamic and systemic therapy.
I also qualified as a psychometrist in occupational ability and personality testing using the 15-factor questionnaire plus.
I am a member of the British Psychological Society MBPsS and a member of the Division of Counselling Psychology. I am also a Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP.
I adhere to the ethical guidelines of the British Psychological Society and the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I treat a variety of issues including:
Obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviour
Work and career issues
OnlineI provide my services online
Issues often worked with
Types of therapy
Training and qualifications
• BA Psychology specialising in Psychological Counselling
• PgDip Occupational Psychology
• BPS Psychometrics Test User: Occupational, Ability
• BPS Psychometrics Test User: Occupational, Personality using the 15 Factor Questionnaire Plus
• (Current) MSc and Professional Doctorate combined in Counselling Psychology
• In-Training Member of the British Psychological Society - Membership number 272660
• Member of the Division of Counselling Psychology
• Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy - Registration number 258588
• Register of Qualifications in Test Use through British Psychological Society