Paula Dishman Transactional analysis psychotherapist , EX4
There are times in most people's lives when we experience painful and difficult emotions or thoughts which seem difficult to change. My role in providing both psychotherapy and counselling is to help you make sense of what you are experiencing, to help you to develop the skills to know and accept yourself, and to make the changes that seem right for you.
I have over 15 years of experience working as a psychotherapist, counsellor, supervisor and trainer and
I am registered with both the UKCP and BACP.
I offer psychotherapy, counselling and supervision in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment to both individuals and couples, working on either an open-ended or short term fixed time period.
I work from an integrative framework which means that I will adapt my approach to best suit your needs and will include elements of both CBT, Transactional Analysis, Relational TA, Psychodynamic and Mentalisation Based Therapy approaches. I am experienced in helping clients who have experienced difficulties with:-
- Anger management
- Relationship issues
- Eating disorders
- Anxiety & panic attacks
- Co-Dependent relationships
- Obesity & body image
- Work related issues
This is not an exhaustive list, so for more information or a confidential discussion please contact me.
Please contact me to obtain more details or information about counselling, psychotherapy or supervision in Devon and for details about my London practice please see my other website www.pauladishmantherapy.co.uk. You can also view my profile on the UKCP, Metanoia, UKATA, IARTA, BACP and Counselling Directory websites.
Training and qualifications
I trained at the Metanoia Institute and have the following qualifications:-
- Msc (TA Psychotherapy) - Middlesex University
- Advanced Diploma Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
- Clinical Diploma Transactional Analysis Counselling
- Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Certified Transactional Analyst (CTA)
- Teaching & Supervising Transactional Analyst (PTSTA)
- Diploma in Individual & Group Supervision (Cascade)
- UKCP approved supervisor for practitioners and trainees
ACCREDITATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- UKCP (United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapists)
- UKATA (U.K Association of Transactional Analysts)
- IARTA (International Association of Relational Transactional Analysts)
- EATA (European Association of Transactional Analysts)
- Metanoia Institute
- BACP(British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists)
- I am an affiliated practitioner for a large number of insurers and healthcare providers including; AXA, Aviva, Oakdale, CIC, Triage, Right CoreCare, PPC, Compsych and The Treatment Network.
Exeter - Individuals £50, Couples £60
Silverton - Individuals £48, Couples £58
Cognitive behaviour therapy Couples therapy Integrative Person-centred/humanistic Psychodynamic Transactional analysis Issues often worked with:
AddictionAnxietyCouple relationshipsDepressionEating disordersInterpersonal relationshipsPersonality disordersAttachment disorderEmotional abusePanic attacksTrauma Availability:
Has availability Therapy offered:
In personOn video Client groups:
AdultGroupCouplesAdolescents Member organisations:
Chitterley Business Centre