Orion PetersonPsychodynamic psychotherapist
Hello and welcome to my profile
If you are reading this you may be wanting to learn more about me or maybe you are wanting to learn more about yourself. Perhaps you are experiencing distress in some area of your life that no longer feels manageable or bearable. Or maybe you aren’t sure why you continue to find yourself in the same difficult relationships or engaging in the same unwanted behaviours. Whatever the difficulties you may be facing perhaps what’s most important is that you are considering reaching out for help and in being able to do that, there is a part of you that believes things can be better. I would very much welcome the opportunity to work with you to realise whatever better might be for you.
My name is Orion Peterson and I am a professionally qualified and registered (BPC, FPC) psychodynamic psychotherapist experienced in full time private practice as well as clinical work environments offering one-to-one therapy sessions with adults. I am based in Southwark, South London near Tate Modern, in between London Bridge and Waterloo tube stations.
A bit about how I work:
As a professional psychotherapist I provide a safe, supportive and non-judgemental space in which you can explore whatever difficulties you may be facing and together we can begin to make sense of the feelings you may be experiencing. My approach is warm, relational and collaborative. We can focus on whatever is on your mind on that day or in that moment. There is no how-to manual, no agenda and no formula. I believe that by listening intently and hearing you, together we can begin to build up a safe and open enough thinking space that you may be able to gain a greater understanding of yourself and how you relate to the people and the world around you.
To find out more about me and how I work feel free to visit my website at:
130 Webber St, Buzzer 86
Nearest Tube Stations: Borough (6mins) Southwark (7 mins) London Bridge & Waterloo (12 mins) Availability: Flexible appointment times offered including evenings and early mornings as well as Saturdays
Issues often worked with
My regular fee is £85 per session but we can discuss this during our initial consultation with consideration of your individual circumstances and agree a fee before any commitment to ongoing therapy is made. As a guide, post consultation fees tend to range from £65 - £85 per session. My fee for initial consultations is £70.
Training and qualifications
I am a fully-qualified psychodynamic psychotherapist. After completing my Bachelor's Degree, I originally began my career in a corporate business setting but later decided to change course and explore psychotherapy. Following a one-year certificate course in Counselling Skills. I undertook a rigorous four-year postgraduate training in Psychodynamic Theory and Practice through The University of Roehampton and WPF Therapy, one of the leading academic and clinical institutions in Britain, accredited by BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy). I also practiced for four years at the WPF Therapy clinic in London. Most recently in 2016, I began a further intensive training in Jungian Adult Analysis at The Society of Analytical Psychology. I am a member of the BPC (British Psychoanalytical Council) and FPC (Foundation for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
• Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Theory and Practice (University of Roehampton)
• Qualification in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (WPF Therapy)
• Certificate in Counselling Skills (WPF Therapy)
• Adult Analysis Training (The Society of Analytical Psychology) 2016-2019
Professional Standards & Confidentiality
As a member of the BPC (British Psychoanalytical Council) and FPC (Foundation for Counselling and Psychotherapy) I follow their strict ethical codes and professional standards:
- Confidentiality: all your communications with me – whether in person, by email or by phone – will remain confidential
- Full-cover professional indemnity insurance
- Undertaking regular professional development
- Regular clinical supervision with a qualified supervising analyst
How we might work together
Sometimes we may feel that we don’t really know who we are or what we actually want for ourselves. We may even find it difficult to know how and what we are feeling. We can all experience life as overwhelming and difficult to cope with at times. Perhaps you feel that some aspects of your life have become unbearable.
I have experience of working with people from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures and across all age groups. People have previously reached out to me for a broad range of reasons including:
• Stress or anxiety, including having panic attacks/panic disorder
• Loss of purpose or hope and lack of fulfilment
• Issues around poor self-esteem and low confidence
• Depression, loneliness or a sense of isolation
• Physical or emotional abuse in the family or within a relationship
• Questions, confusion or issues relating to sexuality and desire
• Sexual abuse
• Anger management
• Concerns or confusion around identity relating to race, ideology or gender
• Addiction issues
• Obsessive and compulsive behaviors
• Workplace conflicts, including bullying and discrimination
• Eating disorders
• Difficulties in making or sustaining affirming relationships
• Bereavement and grief
• Disassociation and trauma
• LGBTQ support
• Family issues or relationship issues
• Psychosexual difficulties
You might recognise yourself in one or more of the above… or it might be something completely different. Whatever it is you are grappling with, I believe that the safety and openness of the therapeutic relationship can offer a uniquely containing and reflective space within which to explore, understand and discover oneself. And with that increased understanding can come a stronger sense of self, an increased inner confidence and a feeling of being more alive.