Marzena Anna UphillPsychodynamic counsellor
“Listening is often the only thing needed to help someone”
Hello and welcome to my profile. I am a fully qualified Counsellor who is offering online via Zoom, telephone therapy and in person counselling session in my garden lodge based in Andover situated near to a nature reserve.
Perhaps you are visiting this website with a hope to find someone who could listen to you effectively and in the way that you will feel heard, listened and respected. I truly believe that one of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another person has to say with the attention to that person's feelings, thoughts and life experiences. Perhaps you have struggled in the past or you are struggling with at the moment, maybe you feel you haven’t been able to live your life as you would have liked and you desire to feel fulfilled, free of judgement and accepted for who you are?
I work with people who bring a range of life problems, from relationship difficulties, family or work related issues, loss and bereavement to anxiety and depression to just list a few.
I am also aware that beginning your therapy journey could be a daunting process and you may have apprehension about being able to choose someone who you will be able to trust and share your thoughts, feelings and life challenges. In addition you might be looking for someone who will be by your side to enable you to feel comfortable exploring your life journey in a non- judgemental and safe environment and supporting you to look at any aspects of your life or self which may be preventing you to find your full potential and happiness?
Throughout my professional experience I noticed the importance of the relational aspect of therapy, alongside autonomy and understanding. These together play a significant role to a positive outcome of therapy and I truly believe that every person is unique within their experiences so as an integrative counsellor I am able to tailor the therapy to your needs with a variety of psychological theories.
I can support you and help you to explore the life challenges you are struggling with, my sole aim is to empower you to make positive changes in your life by using therapeutic skills and theories for your needs to create the changes into your life that you desire.
“Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations”
How I work.
I am passionate about what I do and feel strongly that although therapy can be emotionally challenging at times, it can also be inspiring and a life changing experience.
I am able to offer an initial 30 min consultation free of charge and in this session we will explore:
· What brings you to therapy?
· Have you had any past experience of counselling or psychotherapy, and if so, how did you find it?
· What is it you want to get out of the experience?
We can decide whether we can work together on a short or long term basis depending on your preference, but most importantly, this session will allow you to get the sense of whether I would be the right therapist for you and also able to get a feel how I work, prior to making any financial commitment.
I would then offer you a regular, weekly session of 50 minutes.
I really hope my profile has encouraged you to begin your therapy journey and I very much look forward to hearing from you.
OnlineI also provide my services online.
Issues often worked with
Types of therapy
From £45.00 to £50.00
Free initial in-person or telephone therapy session.
Training and qualifications
· CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling & Psychotherapy
· Transactional Analysis TA 101 Certificate
· Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills at Peter Symonds Collage Adult & Higher Education
· BACP online and telephone course/coronavirus primer.
· Online Therapy Institute "Moving your practice online"
· CPD workshops "Working with complex grief" " Working creatively with timelines from psychodynamic & trauma perspective" "Working with trauma" "Polyvagal theory and TA"
- CPD Certificate "Training for Bereavement Counselling - The nature of Grief"
· 2019 –present volunteering as a Counsellor in various charitable organization.
· Continuous professional development in psychological areas
I am a member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and adhere to this Ethical Framework.