Martin Firstbrook Integrative psychotherapist , KT17
I offer counselling, psychotherapy and life coaching, or a combination as required at any given time. I have many years of experience helping people through periods of difficulty and transition. I have worked successfully with clients from a wide range of backgrounds, including City bankers, fund managers, rock band drummers, fashion stylists, the unemployed, the desperate, and everyone in-between. Everyone has their own unique story and their own challenges, irrespective of their station in life.
I work with people who are struggling with their life and work challenges for all sorts of reasons including anxiety, trauma, relationship and family difficulties, depression, bereavement, imposter syndrome, finding meaning, and career direction. My training is integrative, which allows me to adapt my approach to your unique needs.
I am an actively involved as a therapist and coach. There will be times where it is important for me to simply listen and to help you listen to yourself. However, when appropriate, I will also engage with you actively, including sharing ideas and thoughts that may support meaning making and understanding of your situation.
Training and qualifications
- 18 years experience working in the City before retraining as a psychotherapist
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling, accredited by the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Member of the British Psychological Society and BPS Special Group in Coaching
- British Psychological Society, Qualified Specialist in Test Use
- Accredited to use a range of psychometric tools including: Hogan Assessments HDS, HPI, MVPI; Talent Q Dimensions; Neo PI-R; MBTI; BeTalent Strengths, Values and Decision Making Style
- Meyler Campbell Business Coach Programme, accredited by the World Association of Business Coaches
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) Integrative Person-centred/humanistic Psychodynamic Psychosynthesis Internal family systems Issues often worked with:
AnxietyCouple relationshipsDepressionInterpersonal relationshipsBereavementEating disordersChildhood difficultiesFinding meaningPanic attacksSelf-esteemSocial anxietyTrauma Availability:
Has availability Therapy offered:
In personOn video Client groups:
AdultGroup Member organisations:
Psyche In The City
5 Bevan Park
Psyche In The City