Kate ThomsonPerson-centred/humanistic counsellor
Hello, how can I Help?
I am a personal centred counsellor who uses creative techniques
to explore the issues you bring into the counselling room.
I have worked with a variety of clients dealing with anxiety, bereavement,
bullying, emotional conflicts, life and work-related stress and more
For me Counselling is a space that gives you the opportunity
to explore your issues past and present that are having an effect on your life.
I will work with you, listen to you and help you make changes or improve your wellbeing. Wellbeing is about being comfortable, healthy and happy.
I will walk with you on your journey - listening, supporting and understanding
Issues often worked with
Types of therapy
Sessions are £50 each and last for 50 minutes.
I offer a a free initial 15 minute assessment session which will be on the telephone to see:
· how we might work together
· what has brought you to counselling.
· how you feel about working with
· and to clarify any other questions you may have in regard to the counselling process
For the first session, payment is requested in advance to secure the first appointment.
Training and qualifications
· BA (Hons) Degree Counselling
o Levels 4 and 5 completed,
o Level 6 – completion on 25th May 2023
· Access Diploma Level 3 in Counselling
· NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certification in Counselling Skills
· TQUK Award in Training and Education (RQF)
Additional Courses – related to Counselling
· Certificate in understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
· Postvention and Prevention Suicide Workshop
· Fitness to Practice Certificate
· Introduction to Adverse Childhood Experiences and Early Trauma
· Master Degree Reiki
· Crystal Healing & Chakra Balancing Practitioner - Diploma
· Meditation Teacher – Teacher Diploma
I continuously work on a voluntary basis as a Counsellor at Mind and have previously worked for Action for Family Carers
I am a registered member of:
· The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP);
· Complementary and Natural Health Care Council
· The Reiki Association
· The CPD Group
I am guided by the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy’s Ethical Framework and work in accordance to their guidelines.
I hold professional indemnity insurance and a current DBS certificate in working with vulnerable adults and children.