Julie KuhnPerson-centred/humanistic counsellor
Hi there and welcome to my profile.
As a Counsellor and Creative Mindful Wellbeing Coach I can help you achieve some of the benefits of counselling such as :
- Feeling less worried or stressed;
- Feeling less lost and confused;
- Feeling supported through loss;
- To reduce that pesky self doubt;
- Feeling more decisive;
- To reduce saying "sorry" when you haven't done anything wrong;
- To be able to express yourself better in your relationships and to be more open about what you want or need;
- Get to grips with those “what if” thoughts;
- Reduce anger and gain focus;
- To help you feel more confident so that you can feel more able to go out for that coffee with friends;
- To be less worried or fearful about everyday challenges;
- For you to feel more confident in saying "NO" to something you don't want to do;
- For you to wake up feeling less gloomy and more positive about the day ahead;
- For you to feel more hopeful about the future;
- Feeling a bit more va va voom and a little less gloom;
- Receive emotional support;
- Gain a greater sense of self awareness;
- Recognise, understand and work with your triggers or patterns of behaving;
- Uncovering the you beneath all the conditions of worth.
Life throws many difficulties and challenges at us which can lead to depression, anxiety (general anxiety disorder) & stress each having an impact on our self esteem, resilience and physical body.
I work with people who are...
- struggling with everyday difficulties
- feeling sad
- feeling anxious
- Want to feel less worried
- know that something isn’t right and that they probably need help
- Want to Get to grips with self doubt
- feeling "not good enough" and/or wanting to hide away
- Holding on to guilt or shame
- Looking for support in their loss
- finding it difficult to get out of bed in the morning and face the day
- Rushing out of bed to get the perfect day underway
- Struggling to say how they really feel
- Feeling lost and alone
- Wanting to deal with anger or frustration
- Feeling restless and not knowing what to do
- Fed up of pleasing others and never themselves
I also work with clients who are struggling with physical and emotional pain, cancer & long term suffering, loss, grief and bereavement as well as those living with CFS and/or Fibromyalgia
OnlineI also provide my services online.
Issues often worked with
Types of therapy
Counselling online/telephone – £40
Outdoor/eco-therapy – £40
Level 4 counselling students – £28.00
Focusing Session £40.00
Training and qualifications
I am an established qualified Therapeutic Counsellor and creative facilitator using the person-centered approach and I have tools in my box to help you when words fail.
I predominantly work with clients struggling with anxiety, depression, grief and anger management.
I love working with the mind body connection and I am a qualified “Focuser” (level 5) and Mindful Practitioner.
I also have level 3 awards for Counselling Theory, Anger Management Counselling and Counselling for Depression.
I have trained as a Bereavement Support Worker and I also qualified as a member of the Infant Loss Foundation to be able to provide counselling to those suffering from the loss of a child.
Sometimes Personal experience can be far greater than training and I have personally used counselling to deal with my own anxiety and depression experiences as well to deal with my own cancer story. I have personally recovered from CFS and I am a Fibro warrior.
I also hold a practitioner level certificate in both Mindfulness Practice and Cognitive behavioural therapy and I have Diplomas in Pain Management and Creative Wellbeing Coaching.
I have had specific training to work as an online creative counsellor and as an eco-therapist/outdoor counsellor