Ilia GalouzidiExistential counsellor
Has life become particularly challenging for you at the moment, but you are not sure if talking to someone you don’t know would make a difference? Are you someone who seeks therapy to talk about a pressing issue, or feels “not good enough” or thinks is a “people’s pleaser”? Do you think that some parts of yourself “get in the way” to a fulfilling life? Do you want to move on from difficult experiences from the past, but you don’t know what it takes?
Together, within a safe and confidential therapeutic space, we will make sense of past experiences, explore your personal beliefs, values and hopes and assist you in coming to terms with a past that is carried into the present. Diving deep into our internal world and observing how past and current experiences shape who we are at the moment, can facilitate self-compassion and self-growth.
We'll examine how you got to where you are right now in order to increase awareness of the idea that you're constantly evolving and changing while remaining in relation to everything else. We will collaborate to find new ways to relate to the world, to make you aware of the possibilities of change, choice, and taking responsibility, and to provide you with strategies that will enable you to recognise and confront the challenges you have faced. My personal aim is to facilitate the creation of a future that is filled with personal meaning and more clarity when it comes to how you feel and who you are.
As a Counsellor trained on the Existential approach in Psychotherapy, I support the ability of people to choose who they want to be, to be authentic and find the meaning they are looking for in their lives. In addition, my understanding of the human brain allows me to promote the uniqueness and potential of human nature. My work is based on the creation of a safe space for clients to share their experiences and explore their emotions, values and beliefs that shape their world and psyche.
OnlineI also provide my services online.
Issues often worked with
Types of therapy
The initial consultation lasts for around 50 min and has a reduced fee of £65. In this session, we will identify the client's needs, discuss the therapy plan and decide if we are a good fit.
For students (18+), low-income clients, and trainee counsellors, my fee is £70 per 50min session.
Outside of this, my fee is £80 per 50min session
Training and qualifications
- BACP-registered Counsellor (MBACP) and Graduate member (MBPsS) of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Member of the Division of Counselling Psychology (DCoP) with the BPS
- Member of the Society of Existential Analysis
- Trained on Neuropsychological assessment methods for suspected cognitive impairment
- Qualified CBT-E therapist for Eating Disorders
· In my practice in Queens Park, I currently work predominantly with issues around relationships, intimacy, anxiety, loneliness and isolation, self-esteem, domestic and sexual violence, depression, body image and eating disorders, stress and burn-out and a more general unease around existence. Learn more here https://theshiftingself.com/services/individual-psychotherapy/
· My extended knowledge in Neuroscience and experience in working therapeutically with neurological conditions, allow me to have a clear understanding and deep appreciation for somatic experiences (movement limitations, pain, numbness etc.). Learn more here https://theshiftingself.com/services/mental-health/
· Working with Eating disorder patients in the NHS and privately. Learn more about my integrative method here https://theshiftingself.com/services/eating-disorders/
· As an online Counsellor, I am also working with employees struggling with setting their work-life balance, with work-related stress and burn-out, work-related relationship challenges as well as addiction and anger
· I am designing and running neuro-psychodynamic research protocols in collaboration with UCL and Middlesex University as part of my Doctorate Thesis, related to Cosmetic Surgery and Body modification tendencies in women.