Are you facing personal struggles?
I am a fully qualified and accredited psychoanalytic psychotherapist. This means:
- - I work with you to make long term changes to your emotional well-being and relationships.
- - I work by exploring with you and addressing the causes of your unhappiness, not merely the symptoms.
- - I work with individuals of 18 and upwards.
- - My consulting room is a safe place where you can talk about your difficulties in confidence.
- - At our first session I will explore your needs and give you the opportunity to see how I work. After that we would generally meet weekly and for as long as you need my support.
- - I am registered with the British Psychoanalytic Council and follow its Code of Ethics and strict professional standards.
How I can help you using psychotherapy
I can help you if you have relationship difficulties, depression or anxiety, or something has happened in your life which you find difficult to cope with. You may be worrying about something that you are struggling to deal with on your own; or you feel overwhelmed by sadness or other difficult feelings.
Therapy can help you reflect in a different way to enable you lead a happier and more fulfilling life. Gaining insight and self awareness will enable you to think and act differently and make better decisions. You are likely to feel more empowered and less confused, in control of your feelings rather than being controlled by them.
Training and qualifications
- Member of and trained with the British Psychotherapy Foundation.
· - Registered with the British Psychoanalytic Council and bound by its Code of Ethics and strict professional standards
· - Accredited by the Professional Standards Agency.
· - BA(Hons) in Psychology (University of Manchester).
· - Registered social worker (CQSW qualified) for over 20 years specialising in adult mental health.
· - Specialist mental health mentor for students at the University of London (undergraduate and post-graduate).
· - Two years as a bereavement counsellor.
· - Two years honorary psychotherapist in NHS.
Free initial telephone consultation
Then a sliding scale from £65-80 per 50 minute session