Dan Skili Drama therapy psychotherapist , SE1
Hi, I'm Dan
I’m a registered Creative Psychotherapist who works extensively with talking therapy. I have 20 years experience working with individuals, groups and young people. My service is based centrally in London Bridge and also in Wapping (just east of Tower Bridge)
I have immediate openings for online-therapy (video or phone sessions) at a much reduced price of £30 per 30 minute sessions OR £35 per 50 minutes and would be honored to support you during this time of uncertainty. Start with a free-20-minute intake!
My very best wishes during this difficult time.
Reducing isolation: People need human connections to maintain their mental health; the isolation of Covid 19 could have a profound impact on some people. Make sure that you keep in touch with friends and family over the phone or through social media. Think about things you can do during your time at home. People who have successfully completed a period of staying at home have kept themselves busy with activities such as cooking, reading, online learning and watching films. When you are feeling better, remember that physical exercise can be good for your well-being. Look for online classes or courses to help you take light exercise in your home” (Public Health England, 12.03.2020)
Just contact me to make an appointment for online therapy.
Take really good care and best wishes, Dan
Attending therapy for the first time may be a difficult step for you because of possible feelings of stigma around mental health, being seen as weak or unable to cope, feelings that there is something wrong with you or just not knowing what to expect; I am here to dispel these worries. I believe attending therapy is all about your well-being, self exploration and self development as well as learning new strategies and coping mechanisms to deal with difficult and complex events in your life.
I offer talking therapy but as a Creative Arts Psychotherapist I can also offer other ways of supporting you through therapy, should you wish to. The therapy is always client led and conducted in a comfortable, welcoming and relaxed environment.
I believe that no techniques or approaches will ever work without a strong client-therapist connection. I see each person as a unique being and I work in a holistic way - I work with people, not with problems. I am passionate about facilitating clients to work through issues and improve their lives.
Creative Arts Psychotherapy
Creative Arts Psychotherapy is a form of psychological therapy in which all of the performance arts are utilised within the therapeutic relationship. Creative therapists engage clients in effecting psychological, emotional and social changes; and clients who are referred do absolutely not need to have previous experience or skill in drawing, playing instruments, acting, theatre, drama or moving. Creative Arts Psychotherapists are trained to enable clients to find the most suitable medium for them to engage in group or individual therapy to address and resolve, or make troubling issues more bearable.
I am also a registered Clinical Supervisor from the extensive 18 month Creative Arts Supervision Training course. As a Clinical Supervisor I work with the seven-eyed model of supervision (by Peter Hawkins and Robin Shoet).
Training and qualifications
- I graduated as a Dramatherapist from the Sesame Dramatherapy course at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama in 2000 and have over 18 years extensive experience working with children, young people and adults in various settings. I am employed by the London Borough of Sutton as a Dramatherapist for the Sutton Clinical Health Team for People with Learning Disabilities and have worked there 10 years. Here, as the placement manager, I also supervise Dramatherapy Roehampton University students ongoing.
- I am a registered Clinical Supervisor and offer supervision to all professionals who work in the health and caring professions which could be counsellors, therapists, nurses, doctors, teachers, social workers or care workers.
- I teach Introduction to Dramatherapy at the established City Literary Institute in Covent Garden throughout the year. I previously worked at ‘Studio Upstairs’ - the arts community with a therapeutic concern for 8 years, where I facilitated the Psycho-therapeutic Performance Group in a mental health setting, as well as also supervising students and volunteers.
- I worked extensively with women and men who experience domestic abuse, in the London Borough of Greenwich for ‘Tryangle Project 2011’, where Augusto Boal’s Psych-Educational Forum Theatre (Theatre of the Opressed) is at the heart of the work.
- I regularly facilitate and make use of Forum Theatre, Playback Theatre and Gabriel Roth‘s Five Rhythms, as a part of my Dramatherapy practice; as well as the more traditional ways of working in Dramatherapy, offering our clients talking therapy as well as the option to get out of their chair, in order to in a 3D manner, explore relevant issues through the art form of role-play, drama, movement, voice, story-telling, story-enactment, improvisation, puppetry, drumming, the playing of instruments, drawing and making music - all in relation to what the client is comfortable with.
Over the years I have very much enjoyed worked closely with other Councillors, Music Therapists, Art Therapists and Dance/Movement Psychotherapists – where I have felt that sharing ways of working with other disciplines, yet related disciplines, and being inspired by them, is not only useful but an essential way of developing one’s own clinical practice.
I currently offer an initial 30 minute consultation at only £20.00 where you will be able to see if you would like to carry on accessing my service, and for me to see if I think I'll be able to help you and make a difference to your life.
I believe in accessible and affordable therapy:
Prices rage from 40.00 - 60.00 pounds depending on times and venue. Student price is 40.00 pounds.
Clinical Supervision for professionals is priced the same.
Group supervision offered at the discounted price of £30.00 per session.
Art therapy Cognitive analytical therapy Couples therapy Drama therapy Issues often worked with:
AddictionAngerAnxietyBereavementCouple relationshipsCultural issuesDepression Availability:
Has availability Therapy offered:
In personOn video Client groups:
AdultGroup Member organisations:
The Hop Exchange, 24 Southwark Street, London
Standing adjacent to the renowned Borough Market, The Hop Exchange is a striking and versatile venue - very central and practically a stone’s throw from London Bridge mainline and underground stations. A confidential, comfortable, safe and quiet therapy s
Dear Client, because of renovation of the amazing 300 year old 'Raine House', I am for the time being, practicing just opposite, in the very comfortable and spacious Children's Centre, which is a bright and modern building.