Dan JonesIntegrative counsellor
If you have come here, you are probably thinking about embarking on some talking therapy. You may feel anxious or nervous about taking the first step and getting in touch with a therapist, and this is understandable.
In my experience, therapy can be challenging at times, but it can also transform lives in positive ways. An important part of the process is selecting a therapist who feels like the right ‘fit’ for you.
I trained as an Integrative Counsellor at the Minster Centre in London. Being integrative means that I draw on several different therapeutic approaches. These may include ways to help us to make sense of your current patterns of relating to others and yourself in terms of past experiences; It may involve ways to understand how painful memories can be locked away in your body.
I also bring an appreciation of the socio-political context in which we live, and the impact of structural oppression, particularly on people with minoritised experience. I endeavour to be aware of, and challenge, the ways in which these structures can be replicated in the therapy room. I have an intentionally LGBTQ-affirmative approach, which I believe can benefit all clients, regardless of their sexuality or gender identity.
My aim is to tailor the approach to the specific needs and presenting issues of each client. At the centre of my counselling practice is the belief that the relationship between client and therapist can be a catalyst for lasting change.
OnlineI also provide my services online.
Issues often worked with
I have a sliding scale fee structure, depending on your financial circumstances.
I have 3 price points, but open to discussion if the descriptions do not match your circumstances:
Full Cost: £80 per session
- I can meet all my basic needs very comfortably
- I am employed or have another source of steady income
- I have disposable income once I have paid for accommodation and bills
- I can take holidays and afford leisure activities
- I have savings or inheritance
Reduced Cost: £60 per session
- I can meet all my basic needs comfortably
- I am employed or have another source of income
- I can pay for my accommodation and bills fees without worry
- I sometimes have to save to afford holidays or leisure activities
- I may have some debts, but they do not prohibit me doing what I would like to do.
Low Cost: £30 per session
- I often stress about meeting my basic needs
- I am unemployed or in lower waged employment
- I am unable to work or undertaking a caring role
- I often forego leisure activities and holidays due to a lack of finances
- I have substantial debts, which prevent me from doing what I would like to do.
Training and qualifications
Diploma in Integrative Counselling, The Minster Centre