Aurelie CozeIntegrative counsellor
Some of us are fortunate to have reliable and supportive friends and family, but occasionally there are things we feel we cannot share with those around us, or we don't feel truly heard. This can be difficult when we are going through a tough time and need to figure things out.
Perhaps you are seeking a counsellor with a specific goal in mind, a difficult challenge in life you are facing, or something just hasn't been feeling quite 'right' for a while. Whether your goal is to become empowered in your situation, to grow and develop or to have a sanctuary in which to heal from loss, I provide a warm and relaxed environment and will help you explore and navigate what is going on for you at your pace.
I am an Integrative Counsellor which means that I do not believe one perspective or approach can ever wholly encapsulate or define your unique experience and outlook on the world. This is why I am trained to draw upon or 'integrate' schools of thought on the human condition and explore material from different angles to best support you:
- I work primarily in a person-centred way, providing a warm, empathic space to help you reconnect with your own inner values and resources
- I draw upon Attachment Theory, providing insight into your relational patterns and how you have learned to regulate stress
- I apply psychodynamic perspectives to help you better understand and identify behavioural patterns and ways of thinking
I work existentially with grief and loss, meaning, personal responsibility and ownership
- I employ some CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) tools and exercises to gently challenge negative thought processes that are impacting your happiness and wellbeing
Ultimately, my role is to understand you and how you are personally experiencing your circumstances, free of judgement and in a confidential space.
Issues often worked with
I understand that the decision to start counselling can be a daunting one and there are a lot of unknowns, in particular how it all actually works and what your counsellor will be doing. To that end I offer a completely free 15 minute initial phone call where I can answer any queries you may have.
There is no obligation to take up counselling after a call or initial consultation, what is most important is you find the right support for you.
A session costs £50
Payment is made in advance of your session via bank transfer. Please note that sessions cancelled with less than 72 hours notice are charged at the full rate.
Sessions are 50 minutes and usually at the same time each week but I do offer some flexibility with client working patterns.
Your message is important to me. If you've e-mailed me and you haven't received a response within 24 hours, please do check your other folders as it may have landed in your spam or junk e-mail.
Training and qualifications
I hold a BACP Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and I regularly undertake further training and attend conferences on up-to-date research in fields such as neuroscience, trauma and loss.
- Infant Loss and Bereavement
- Treating Generalised Anxiety and Panic Disorders
- Trauma and Attachment
- The Military Human: Understanding Military Culture and Transition
I attend regular clinical supervision, hold professional liability insurance and am a member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP), abiding by their ethical code of conduct.