Alicia MarrPerson-centred/humanistic counsellor
My experience as a Counsellor and as a Quest Cognitive Hypnotherapist creates a powerful combination that allows you to work deeply and quickly on many issues that you feel are getting in the way of a richer and happier life. Having worked solely as a Person-Centred Counsellor for 11 years I have more recently included Quest Cognitive Hypnotherapy in the way that I work. I enjoy the creative, dynamic and practical way this can tap into other parts of ourselves, perhaps unconscious until now, to release inner resources and inherent wisdom within us. Cognitive Hypnotherapy is a solution-focussed, bespoke, fast, effective approach to therapy that works for a wide range of issues.
I work with adults and young people and feel passionate about working with you to explore your choices to grow and to change what no longer works for you but find what does.
My practice is fully insured and governed by the code and ethics of three regulating professional bodies; Accredited Registered Member BACP, Registered member of NCH and QCHPA.
Issues often worked with
Types of therapy
Please get in touch to arrange a 30/40mins exploratory chat to ask questions and book an initial session.
My fees are £90.00 per 60- 75mins session
Training and qualifications
Qualifications and Experience:
· Diploma in Counselling BACP Accredited (MBACP Accred)
· Cognitive Hypnotherapy Diploma (DipChyp)
· National Council of Hypnotherapy Diploma (HPD)
· Marie Stopes International Sessional Counsellor London W1 and SW2
· Place 2 Be School Counsellor Enfield EN1
· CCI&W Bereavement Counsellor London NW3
Further training & CPD:
· Trauma: Psychopathology & Treatment SDS Seminars BPS Approved
· Compassion Focussed Therapy Module SDS Seminars BPS Approved
· Acceptance & Commitment Therapy Module SDS Seminars BPS Approved
· Mindfulness Module SDS Seminars, BPS Approved
· Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Introductory Course SDS Seminars, BPS Approved
· Teaching Clients to Use Mindfulness SDS Seminars, BPS Approved
· Experiential Intro in Mindfulness-Based Cog Therapy Mindfulness Training Ltd
· Certificate in Counselling Skills CPCAB
· Certificate in Counselling Theory CPCAB