Alessia Biciocchi Human Givens psychotherapist , NW5
Hi, I am Alessia, I am a Psychotherapist and Hypnotherapist and I work in a lovely and comfortable private practice in Kentish Town, North London. I specialise in brief, solution-focused approaches for a wide range of emotional and behavioural problems including depression, anxiety disorders, panic attacks, phobias, traumas, PTSD, bereavement, assertiveness, self-esteem and sport-performance.
I am available week days and saturdays and I offer sessions in English and Italian.
The sessions involve a collaborative effort to identify and positively address those needs that are not met in balance in your life and to engage and activate your natural skills, talents and resources in new creative ways.
Most people can be helped in 4 to 6 sessions - some people may only need one or two while others may require more.
I employ a variety of effective techniques to enhance, update and improve emotional responses. This approach draws on scientific research about what people need to function optimally and to enjoy a meaningful and fulfilling life.
What I can do for you:
- take as few sessions as possible
- offer effective and immediate help and practical interventions to alleviate mental and emotional stress.
- help you draw and build upon your own inner resources, creativity, skills and talents, often greater than you think.
- teach you to relax, so you can face life's challenges with a clear, resourceful and focused mind
- help you rehearse - through guided imagery - new, empowering responses which will widen your perspectives
- set appropriate tasks between sessions to promote healthy changes in your life
- increase your self-confidence and independence so you can feel better, calmer and more in control after each session
- help you to develop life and social skills
- deal with trauma using a gentle technique that does not require you to talk about delicate details
You will leave the sessions with the knowledge and tools to feel more positive, optimistic and resourceful.
Please get in touch with me to see how I can help you along the road to wellness!
Training and qualifications
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy - Human Givens Institute
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Clinical Hypnotherapy - University of West London and the London College of Clinical Hypnosis (LCCH)
- Diploma in Nutritional Therapy - CNM College, London
- Master Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic-Programming (NLP) - BeeLeaf Institute
- Intermediate Certificate in Contemporary Psychotherapy - BeeLeaf Institute
- Degree in Political Science - University of Rome
£80 per hour
Human Givens Hypnotherapy Cognitive behaviour therapy Solution-focused therapy Behavioural therapy Mindfulness Issues often worked with:
AnxietyBereavementDepressionInterpersonal relationshipsPhobiasCancer/serious illnessSocial communicationTraumaInsomniaPanic attacksSelf-esteemSocial anxiety Availability:
Has availability Therapy offered:
In personBy phoneOn video Client groups:
AdultCouples Member organisations:
155A Leighton Road
The Clinic is about 8 minute walking distance from Kentish Town tube station, in North London. Many buses easily reach the area, which is also very close to central London.