Rebecca Davies Psychodynamic psychotherapist , EC1R
I am interested in people's lives and experiences - your personal narrative. I believe our environment shapes our mental life; we can find ourselves in situations where we ask ourselves, 'Not this again' or 'Why me? Why now?' I think we can often carry guilt or pain around with us and that it can infect our daily lives and relationships unconsciously.
The therapy I offer is a place for you to talk about what is troubling you. Our lives can often be difficult because of past trauma, difficult relationships, destructive behaviours, loss, insecurity, anxiety or depression.
I believe that therapy is the environment where you can talk, think and understand your feelings without fear of judgment or interruption. Therapy is an investment in your future psychological well-being. In my experience understanding brings clarity and freedom from pain and misery; things can shift for you and change can happen.
Training and qualifications
- I trained at WPF Therapy, one of the leading institutions for psychotherapy and psychoanalytic training. I have a post-graduate diploma in Psychodynamic Theory and Practice. I can see clients up to twice weekly.
- I am a registered and accredited professional member with the BACP, UKCP and BPC.
- I have a BA Hons degree in English and Psychology and a PGCE.
- I have worked in education and business environments prior to being a psychotherapist.
- I have worked in the NHS on psychiatric placements and for the Samaritans.
- I work at WPF Therapy as an Honorary Psychotherapist for Assessments
- My fee for weekly sessions is £65.
- I can offer reduced sessions for off-peak times and depending on your circumstances.
- Initial consultations are 90 minutes and I charge £85. Regular weekly sessions are 50 minutes.
- I currently have evening sessions available between 6-8pm
- I respond promptly to all enquiries.
Rebecca Davies Psychotherapy
9 Coldbath Square