Margarita Chacin ACT psychologist , RH6
Hello! I am Margarita Chacin
I am a psychologist who believes therapy should be a journey of self-discovery and not just a treatment of disorders...
I am a Chartered Health Psychologist based in Horley, Surrey offering Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). I believe strongly that psychological interventions can make a significant and meaningful difference to the quality of people’s lives whether they are struggling with mental health difficulties or have just become stuck and want to find new ways to move forward in their personal lives, relationships or work.
I have over 10 years experience working with children and adults in Hospital and Private practice.
In addition to private practice, I also work for the NHS providing psychological interventions to patients with Chronic Pain conditions
Training and qualifications
Master in Health and Clinical Psychology. Higher Institute of Psychology Studies. ISEP formation (Barcelona-Spain).
Psychologist. Universidad Rafael Urdaneta (Venezuela).
I am a Practitioner Health Psychologist registered with the HCPC and I hold the Chartered Status with the British Psychological Society.
- ACT Inner Circle. Institute for the Advancement of Human Behavior. Psychwire.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Advanced. Institute for the Advancement of Human Behavior.Psychwire. February 2017.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: Four Day Skills Intensive Part 2 of 2. Level: Intermediate to Advanced. Mindfulness TrainingLdt. December 2015.
- Introduction to ACT for long-term conditions. British Psychological Society.
- Positive Psychology. British Psychological Society
- Training in Constructivist, Conduct and cognitive psychotherapy. Applied Psychology Center.
- Diploma in Cognitive Therapy applied to Health. Venezuelan Society of Health Psychology.
- Theoretical and Applied Course Evaluation and Treatment Cognitive Behavioral Couple problems. Aaron Beck Psychology Center (Spain).
- Diplomate in Hospital and Health Psychology. The Venezuelan Society of Health Psychology
- Development of the Resilience. II Venezuelan Congress of Psychology (Venezuela).
- Psychoneuroimmunology or how to take possession of the Immune System. University of Zulia.
- Advanced Course in psycho-oncology and Palliative Care. Organización Metas (Venezuela).
- Diplomate in Mourning Therapy. The Venezuelan Society of Health Psychology and the Metas Organization
- Attachment,Loss and Mourning. (Module II) Applied Psychology Center.
- Attachment,Separation and Anxiety. (Module I) Applied Psychology Center.
- Evaluation and Diagnosis of an Addict. Family Health Service (Venezuela). September- December 2004
Appointment times are flexible and we can work together to find a time that will suit your requirements. Appointments usually take place at the same time each week, but some flexibility can be offered depending on availability. I offer both short-term and long-term counselling depending on your needs.
On-going individual sessions are £60 per fifty minute appointment and £70 in the case of a couple.
Payment is due at the time of each appointment by cheque or cash. 48 hours' notice of cancellation is required to avoid full payment.
The possibility of reduced fees can be discussed in the case of certain circumstances.
ACT Behavioural therapy Child Psychotherapy Cognitive behaviour therapy Couples therapy Family/Systemic Issues often worked with:
Anger/violenceAnxietyBereavementCouple relationshipsCultural issuesDepressionPhobiasTrauma Availability:
In less than a week Therapy offered:
By emailBy phoneIn personOn video Client groups:
AdolescentsChildrenCouplesFamiliesIndividuals Member organisations:
70 Whittaker Drive