Louise King Counsellor , W2
Contacting a therapist for the first time can daunting and sometimes it can be hard to do. It takes courage. It can feel like a big step into the unknown.
I have had over a decade of experience working in a voluntary context with people experiencing feelings of anxiety, depression and mental health problems.I have worked in the following places and with the following areas of specialisation:
- Hillingdon Action Group for Addiction Management (Hagam) - drug and alcohol counselling
- Samaritans - supporting the depressed and suicidal in society, including HMP Holloway
- Women & Health - offering low-cost long-term therapy to women in North London
- Maytree Respite Home - providing residential support to the suicidal
- Kingston Women's Centre - supporting women with low-cost long-term therapy
I have worked in private business and management for over twenty years. I understand the pressures and stresses that juggling work and home life can bring.
I have also had to overcome life crises of my own and these experiences help me to empathise with other people's struggles.
Having worked for over a decade in a voluntary capacity with people suffering from depression and mental health problems, I will not judge how you are feeling.
I have experience of supporting those with substance abuse issues and know the strains it can bring on families and relationships.
I also have experience of supporting the carers and families of those who have dementia and the emotional difficulties this can bring.
You do not have to have mental health issues to enter counselling and psychotherapy. My own experience is that we can all benefit from understanding ourselves better.
Training and qualifications
have a range of professional qualifications and affiliations within this field:
- Accredited member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Individual member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Certificate in Fundamentals of Counselling and Psychotherapy 2007
- Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy 2011
- M.A.(Middlesex University, Essex, 1992)
- B.A. (Hons., 2.1, King's College, University of London, 1991)
Mon 6pm - 9pm Tues 6pm - 9pm Wed 6pm - 9pm Thurs 6pm - 9pm Fri 9am - 12pm