Kathryn Jackson Relational psychotherapist , W1G
There is no right or wrong reason for seeking therapy. Perhaps you want help with a particular problem, or you simply want to be heard by a caring professional. Maybe you struggle with habitual behaviours that seem to strip life of its meaning or sense of fulfilment; -- the feeling that your life has somehow been interrupted and you are not sure why or what to do about it. The goal would be to find ways to help you feel enlivened and engaged in your own life.
Whatever your issue, I offer empathy and compassion, warmth and attention, and respectful interaction. Assured of confidentiality, clients tend to develop a sense of safety and trust in the therapy as a collaborative process. Often, we find that past experience shapes the present moment in ways that might not have been obvious before. With insight and support, clients gain new perspectives and confidence, allowing for a more well-rounded and integrated sense of oneself, and a lively way of relating to others and to the world in general.
In the past, I have been an academic philosopher and a professional writer. By combining an analytic eye with a creative perspective, I can help you untangled the web of feelings, thoughts and behaviours that brought you to therapy in the first place. Creativity, imagination and playfulness can all make their way into the consulting room, and be used to good effect.
I am happy to work short term (usually 12 weeks) on a focused issue, or longer term. I also do Skype therapy, for clients who live elsewhere, or who find it difficult to fit a person-to-person meeting into their busy schedule.
I have experience of working with many issues including (but not restricted to)
· Anxiety and panic attacks
· Self esteem
· Identity issues (including gender, sexuality, cultural)
· Obsessive behaviours
· Relationship difficulties (personal, work)
· Eating Disorders
· Autism Spectrum (High-Functioning)
· Bereavement and loss
· Trauma and abuse
Training and qualifications
· - MA in Psychotherapy & Counselling, Regents University
· - Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy, Regents University
· - Training in Mentalization Based Therapy, Anna Freud Centre
· - PhD in Philosophy, University of Toronto
· - MA in Screenwriting, London University of the Arts
· - Private Practice, with a wide range of client presentations
· - Associate Counsellor, Student Counselling Centre, Kings College London
· - Trainee Counsellor, Westminster Mind
· - Associate Therapist, South London and Maudsley NHS Trust
· - Volunteer, Mind in Camden
Fees range from £75 - £95, depending on location (London W1 or Little Venice/St Johns Wood) and time of day.
Some lower cost fees are available from time to time. Please ask.
Both consulting rooms are located close to tube and bus lines. Cavendish Square is near Harley Street, Oxford Circus, Bond Street - it is located right behind John Lewis and is very easy to reach. The St Johns Wood consulting room is close to Warwick Ave and St Johns Wood tube stations, and is close to many buses - such as the 6, 16, 98 414, 139, 189, 13, 82, amongst others.
Integrative Psychodynamic Relational Psychoanalytic Issues often worked with:
AddictionAnxietyBereavementCultural issuesDepressionEating disordersInterpersonal relationshipsSexual/physical abuse Availability:
In less than a week Therapy offered:
In personOn video Client groups:
Individuals Member organisations: